Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ATTN: Treknophile (Page 12)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: ATTN: Treknophile
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can change my light bulb by myself, and I'm not an electrican. But I may one to repair a complete ceiling fixture. That's what I'm talking about. I'm sure they made the lights just as easy to exchange on the ship in the future. You just might a ladder or such for higher up ones. And I'd hate to have an engineer bring me a new chair when he sould be fixing someone's replicator. That's what I'm talking about. I wouldn't call changing bulbs and replacing furniture 'engineering.' I don't think it needs 4 years of Academy plus however many extra years to become a fully qualified engineer just to change light bulbs.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I just looked at this thread today. Very cool idea. I don't know if I'd be much help, but if I can, I'd love to. I have limited expertise in CAD programs and I'm currently holding a summer job at an architect's office.

Just to confirm. That is NOT me listed in Yakaspat's post, correct? (I hate having the name Daniel, 'cause everyone else seems to have it too.)

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. On the topic of who the lucky person is that changes the lightbulbs aboard starships - I highly doubt that it would just be engineers or those who worked in the engineering department. IMO, the crew of the starship should be crosstrained in at least three other departments besides their own. Basic ship's maintenance and first-aid/triage should definitely be in on that list. And they should have reinforcement after learning the basics. So putting a medic in charge of changing the lightbulbs in sickbay is not so unbelievable to my mind.

Opinions?

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few random thoughts going on, which I will post as soon as I can get them out of a clutter of pencil scribbles and into coherent form.
Also, 3D work begins soon...

Treknophyle:
Starfleet Prototype? Rings a bell, but I don't think I've seen it. What was in there?

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starbuck:
As I remember it (I haven't opened a copy for years), it was a series of CAD (Macromedia Freehand) line drawings of various variations of the Ent-A-type hulls and nacelles, with some write-ups. Various critics have been either very kind, or somewhat disparaging. However, it was the first of its kind - its contemporaries ere still pen-and-ink - so it was really an attempt to "stretch the envelope".

I have about 20-25 left here in Canada. I do not know if the ones I left in the US at a friends have survived.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

I'd certainly take a copy of the Ent-A plans.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff:
No problem. When I've got the shipping info figured out ($ for packaging and postage/courier), I'll post it. I'll try to get to the post office this week.

------------------

Treknophyle
Member # 509

Basil:
Any further progress on the ff gen?

------------------

explorer_mike
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I just stumble across this post today too. What a great idea. I'd like to offer my services if they are needed. I don't have any CAD or 3d experience, but I am one hell of a nitpicker. You can email me at [email protected]
IP: Logged
Re'k
Ex-Member

Treknophyle: now that you've set the price, please email me at [email protected], I'd like to buy two copies each of Starfleet Prototype and the Ent-A plans. If you like I'll even convert my money to $US before picking the books up.

Also, I deal with Canada Post every day at work, I'll grab some info tomorrow on international package shipping.

--Re'k of Xenex / Nelson of Coquitlam

[This message has been edited by Re'k (edited March 13, 2001).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave: Unless you have any issues with sending a hick in Saskatchewan a copy of Prototype, hyuck, you, wheat!, can, Tractor!, reach, Wheat!, me at [email protected] with information regarding all that.

Merci Grando. Or something.

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

Treknophyle
Member # 509

Re'k:
Thanks, but I need to weigh these things first, as well as price packaging (sturdy padded envelopes).

- Dave

------------------

Treknophyle
Member # 509

Here are the prices for the 2 products, as well as shipping/packaging costs. All prices are in US funds (for ease of American and International members).
Based on a US Exchange Rate of $1.53.
I will accept money orders, or you can wire me using Western Union.

Product:
Deck Plans Ent-A = 20.00 US
Prototype = 20.00 US

Packaging (padded envelope):
Prototype = 1.00
Deck Plans Ent-A = 1.22
Prototype + Deck Plans Ent-A = 1.22

International Shipping (Air):
Prototype = 6.63
Deck Plans Ent-A = 6.63
Prototype + Deck Plans Ent-A = 13.26

International Shipping (Ground):
Prototype = 3.35
Deck Plans Ent-A = 3.35
Prototype + Deck Plans Ent-A = 5.92

US Shipping (Air):
Prototype = 3.48
Deck Plans Ent-A = 3.48
Prototype + Deck Plans Ent-A = 6.11

US Shipping (Ground):
Prototype = 2.63
Deck Plans Ent-A = 2.63
Prototype + Deck Plans Ent-A = 4.62

Canada Shipping (Ground):
(Must be worked out on a per-area basis. Advise me on quantity and postal code, and I will phone the post office).

If you want some of them, e-mail me at [email protected]. I will ship as soon as the money order/wire has arrived. We seem to have about 20 of each on hand - better count to follow. As I said before, there may be more in Seattle - but I have to get there to check in my friend's storage.

------------------

Basill
Ex-Member

David- My last update of the generator "thickened" the main components a bit (that was Monday morning I believe). The colors have not yet changed, but they are easily altered and not actually as dark as they appear. I am simply working with very low ambient light and a dramatic distant light source so that I can see the shapes better in these early stages. I have been interviewing for a new job the past couple of days so I have not concentrated as much on the generator. I have started on the Spectrometer, though I have not rendered anything yet. I am taking it a little slower as to not make the same heighth mistake I made with the FF gen. Also, it seems a much more generic in shape than the FF gen so it should not take nearly as long to get the basics worked out on it.

I also wanted to reserve a copy of the Prototype book since it is the only one of yours I don't have. I'll be sending an E-mail in a few, but feel free to hold one for me in case they start getting swallowed up.

------------------
Basil's Homeworld Dinosaurs,Elephants,Whales,Sea Vessels, Zeppelins,Starships... I just love big things that move

[This message has been edited by Basill (edited March 14, 2001).]

Treknophyle
Member # 509

Basil:
No problem, and glad to hear from you. Book reserved. Regards model - I am searching for a low-poly figure for you to temporarily drow in. I may try my hand at this as well (using Cararra - not a great program, but adequate - hmmm... may have generic people in archive file. If so, will send to you).

------------------

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps