Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » how is this door suppose to open?-in sickbay (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: how is this door suppose to open?-in sickbay
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hope people could actualy see this pic
cause i don't want to find another server

to restate the question
if these doors slide open.....hmmmmmmmm
http://members4.clubphoto.com/harry314334/Mar_3_2001/photo10.jpg?1

------------------

Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the holodoc's closet. Since he's just a hologram, he can walk right through it so it doesn't have to open. Problem solved. Next!

------------------
Never give up. Never surrender.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How typical of Voyager ...

No continuity even in the set design!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe. Well, if you own Elite Force, the CD-ROM game, the designers of that game even recreated that part of sickbay. Now THAT'S accuracy!

------------------
Ace

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But how does the door open?

Hmmm. I've actually got this image of whomever is sitting at that desk getting smacked by the door opening into the office.

"OW! Dammit, Janeway, I told you not to use that entrance!"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The klingons have a saying, "revenge is a dish best served cold"...It's very cold in that closet. Put Harry in it next time he starts his skywalker-whine, that'll make a man out of him.

To all Harry-Fans: I meant no disrespect against Harry and have nothing against the stupid little creature. Thanks and enjoy the show.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much hate.

Perhaps it opens completely to the left, without splitting.

I AM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF AT THIS COMPLETE AND DISRESPECTFUL SLAP IN THE FACE OF STAR TREK FANS EVERYWHERE! RICK BERMAN AND BRANNON BRAGA ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE! (NOT THE WRITERS, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, AND NIETHER DO THE EP'S AT UPN, USURPING DECISIONS IN ORDER TO 'MAKE ENTERTAINING TV'!) THEY LIKE TO HAVE COW SEX!

THE FUCKING DOORS IN THE CORNER OF SICKBAY WHICH WE NEVER SEE AREN'T ABLE TO OPEN! STAR TREK SUCKS NOW, AND BERMAN CAN GO EAT A BAG OF HELL!

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that's an interesting way to say it Ultra...

I tried to open that door in Elite Force, even with the photon launcher. The result was killing the guy next to the computer console and a bunch of Starfleet personel materializing in front of me with the phaser rifles that started shooting me. Damn I hate that part...

Anyway, I think that the door leads to either a lab or a verticle Jeffries Tube. That or it is a closet. Can anyone read what the door signage says?

------------------
"When I said to get involved in the gay community, I didn't mean to sleep with everyone in it."
Michael_T

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've decided I really like the phrase "go eat a bag of hell"... *LOL*

------------------
"I write messages on money.
It's my own form of social protest.
A letter printed on paper that no one will destroy.
Passed indiscriminantly across race, class, and gender lines
and written in the blood that keeps the beast alive
A quiet little hijacking on the way to the checkout counter.
and a federal crime.
I hope that someone will find my message one day when they really need it.
Like I do."
-Rage against the Machine

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems obvious to me: the right half of the door slides down, while the left one performs a half-immelman and then transitions to the fifth dimension.

Umm. Or then these are the only non-sliding doors in Starfleet (apart from those back in the cadet dormitory of SF Academy), and you simply push them, saloon door style. They provide spiritual satisfaction to doctors - when they lose a patient (or patience), they can actually slam a door, which is a pleasure available to very select few in Starfleet.

Timo Saloniemi

P0sitr0nic
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have any of you considered that the metal of the door might flex when opening, like a garage door? It might just curve as it opens.

In reality, that IS a huge set Snafu.

IP: Logged
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen a very nice movie called "Austin Powers 2"?

In the end you see Fat Bastard coming into Austin's pad using a very unconventional method of entering. I believe that would work here as well!! ;-)

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assumed that the door opened into a small medical store. There are other stores around the ship. In there would be spare medical instruments and drugs on shelves and also weapons in case of hostile suituations in sickbay. Also here is a few computer terminals for updating the ships medical stock database. Also here could be medical kits for use on planets and other vessels. At the end of this room would be a ladder with hatches in the ceiling and floor going up or down into the jeffries tube network.
IP: Logged
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i do have Elite Force
a friend of mine noticed it thats why i hunted down the "real" set design pic.

ingame as long as you don't kill anybody
you can use your phaser and draw your innitials everywhere!!!
the doctor won't go:"...hey! stop messing up the carpet!"

anyway once you do kill somebody-i suggest you run down the corridors-you'll live longer-or hide in your own quarters or something-any starfleet officer coming through the door to get you-you can just pick-em off with your rifle...next after the 5th starfleet officer went down-they'll start beaming in.

and if you want to take out the bridge crew-spawn yourself the tetryon pulse gun-use second fire and stand in a corner and spray in a good manner to cover half the bridge-pausing in the center to make sure that Janeway went down already---you should be able to kill off most of the commanding officers along with 1/3 of the bridge crew before tuvock or harry gets you.

whoa!!!!!
sorry-if that sounded like i should be put away
hehehehhehehehehehhehe

[This message has been edited by TheF0rce (edited April 04, 2001).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've really got to get this game...

8472: The problem with the door isn't what's behind it, it's the fact that there is no wall room on either side of the door for it to open. It would have ot go up, down or come forward like an ironing board. We've never seen standard doors do that. Plus there's clearly a seem in the middle of the door where it's supposed to slide.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps