Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » how is this door suppose to open?-in sickbay (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: how is this door suppose to open?-in sickbay
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really trying hard to refit my deckplans to make sense.
And now you have to notice this.

AAARRRGGG!!!

I'm going with the "slide to the left" faction.
And then I'm going quietly insane.
How did they ever let this get by? I had the same problem in one of my compartments - and I noticed it right away.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one who doesn't think that flexible door technology will be out of reach in the late 24th century?

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
noodle doors?
thats crazy mister!

imagin running full force into one of these elastic doors

[This message has been edited by TheF0rce (edited April 05, 2001).]

Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both tambour and bifold doors are equally improbable solutions. The E-D did use tambour doors on the shuttlebays, but you could clearly see separate slats, at least on the outside, unlike here. Of course, on the inside of the shuttlebay doors, they looked solid.

------------------
Never give up. Never surrender.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anywhere you can download the bloopers from Voy? It'll never come to Sweden...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't even know there were blooper tapes from VOY!

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only Voy bloopers I can think of are the ones on that Ultimate Trek special with Jason Alexander as Captain Kirk.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was talking about the TOS blooper tapes. I've never seen any for TNG DS9 or VOY.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the TNG bloopers. You can find 'em at most Cons. I don't know about DS9 or VOY bloopers, but I'm certain they exist.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are blooper reels for TOS and season 1 TNG, there is nothing after... the problem was that someone in editing? Edited together a whole lot of blooper and episode footage, that made it look like Wesley and Troi were having sex! It would have been hilarious, but seeing as it was shown at the wrap party infront of everyone, and well, Wil Weaton wasn't that old then, or something - some certain people got pissed off and told them to release no more blooper footage...

Anyway, reguarding those doors, you can see the split down the middle... maybe they collapse on our right, into the wall, and just slide like normal on the left. Hang on, how do we even know that the doors don't just collapse in on themselves (in the wall) normally!?! We've never seen INSIDE the wall when the door is open have we? Just because it slides along intact 'in the real world' doesn't mean it does in the Trek world. Maybe someone could as Rick Sternbach?? Or who ever would design the sets, Herman Zimmerman?

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The idea of less-than-solid doors is a nifty one, but apparently Rick intended the doors to slide as if they were solid and immutable. At least that's how he draws the doors in the E-D blueprints (on the upper decks where the resolution is sufficient for showing the door pockets).

IIRC, that is. Am I imagining things?

Timo Saloniemi

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The doors look pretty solid when Adm. Quinn throws Mr. LaForge through them in Conspiracy. If you'll remember, he's thrown with sufficient force that he knocks the doors out of their sliding track.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's modern art. "Is it a door, is it a painting...you decide" Ther could also be artwork hanging around that looks like consoles, windows, Chakotay...

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that would be really hectic! and amusing to have paintings immitating consoles

imagine during "Q-who" a borg drone being mislead that an art piece is a console and ends up trying to collect valueble data from it.

worf:"sir...what is that borg doing? he has been scannig that painting for hours?"

Picard:"hmmmmm....i may be wrong but they must be art collectors of the deltaqaudrent"

worf:"well then Q is certaintly wrong in thinking this will frighten us!"

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The doors could also open line those on a phone booth, with the seam down the middle being the hinge-line... Just to toss some more kerosene on the fire...

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps