Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships! (Page 17)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: Good news about the DS9 Tech Manual ships!
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--posted in wrong topic--

[ March 13, 2002, 06:26: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo knows of the pics.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Exxie 3 naceller... how do you tell which is the E-B and which is the Exxie saucer? And what is that coppery gap between the saucers again? Something to do with the E-B!?! Is it just the edge painted copper? And I think I get it - the top one is the E-B because of the impulse engines are visible in the top view - being further out to the side!?!

Anyone notice the red squares on the top of the Connie variant? Are these supposed to be windows or weapons?

What did they use for the nacelle pylons on the Connie variant? Ambassador pylons?

Also do the bottom 'connie nacelle pylons' on the Ex-3-naceller meat at the bottom of the saucer section? I think that is another 'difference' in DD's schematic.

The Elkins - yeah I guess it could be EL*K* being in captials and all, makes it harder to read... ;o)

I like the 'warp sled' idea... something to pick up remains of ships... there could even be 'saucer section' temps... might the 3NExxie fit this?
Andrew

[ March 13, 2002, 07:31: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen them yet. I'm NOT going to bug Dukkie, considering he's been hassled enough by me. But I sure would like to see what you're all talking about. And he said Drexler said there was no problem with display of the pictures...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17 pages, wow, haven't seen this long as that Wolf 359 topic a year ago. Of course each page is shorter.

I really hate the 3 nacelle Excelsior. It is ugly, makes no sense, in terms of design to have one of them be supported by a Constitution refit nacelle pylon. I hope we never see it on screen.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Since I just can't believe in the concept of hastily thrown-together starships, ALL of these classes are "real", factory-built, series-production vessels to me. Except when I feel really desperate about getting rid of the ugliest of them...
Just my opinion too.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/centaur.jpg
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/intrepid-variant1.jpg
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/excelsior-variant2-official.jpg

Here is something that came to my mind when I created the Centaur side view: Could the ship be actually much smaller than the Excelsior, also considering that there is a Miranda bridge and a complete Miranda roll bar, even with the phaser cannon? The nacelles are not from the Excelsior, although they have similar overall proportions. I have no idea where they are taken from, but the cross-section is more rounded. Finally, the saucer is hardly recognizable as one of the Excelsior. So may we be dealing with a 200m long scout ship after all?

The same may go for the Curry and Raging Queen (once I stop denying that the nacelles are really that large), but here the problem with the quite obvious Excelsior comnponents is more severe.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there actual photos of the models used floating of these ships online?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until further notice:

Please contact me at [email protected] and I'll show you the pics. Maybe a strange deal, but the images are not (yet?) supposed to be posted here.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...now that I've seen them...I have a thought on the coloration. It's really odd, and my only guess is that they were were painted ao gaudishly so that the various parts would stand out at least a little bit when they were on screen. Remember these ships were only seen in the far, far background, right?

Or maybe, they were painted that way to show what the different parts were supposed to be for the enlightenment of the guys who did the final paint job before filming.

My guess is the first one. TV screens display in blue, green, and red...and alot of the panels are colored in those colors.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've seen them. Gee...doesn't the centaur almost look like it says "TRIESTE"? As in Merced-class??

-MMoM [Big Grin]

NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Okay, I've seen them. Gee...doesn't the centaur almost look like it says "TRIESTE"? As in Merced-class??
Damn Mim...you could be right?

Later!
Art

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It definitely looks like it starts and ends in 'S', though...
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I instantly thought Trieste as well, but on closer inspection I had to decide the last three letters are EATS.

Now I hope I will not cause any trouble here, this is tiny cropped image of the Centaur name, enhanced and blown up so you can make your own minds up.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Duckats?

Boris

NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be Rugrats? (this was supposed to be funny)

Later!
Art

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps