Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » It's Da Equinox! ($$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: It's Da Equinox! ($$)
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT'S THE DEFIANT PATHFINDER!

Or the Prometheus middle section, depending on how you look at it.

This is really ticking me off. Paramount is totally unoriginal. Anyway, the bridge is similar to the Prometheus. It also has a nice looking Master Situation Display at the back (quick, screen shot!). It also gets the snot beat out of it

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

steamrunner2000
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
359, where did u see this?

------------------
Has anyone seen any swallows around???

IP: Logged
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was my first thought: the Defiant pathfinder. I disagree on the originality complaint. I think the pathfinder is a cool design and would love to see it on screen. I will take that anyday. The Relativity was original but I didn't care for it.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Equinox is seen briefly in the preview for the next episode.
Size-
Smaller than the USS Voyager (a shot shows the USS Equinox next to the USS Voyager)
Nacelles-
Like those of the Sovereign Class
Those are the points I am able to make.

IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks kinda similar to Voyager actually..
http://sti.simplenet.com/voy/stv526/stv526p_14.jpg

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
www.gamingsector.com

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's more like the Defiant Pathfinder:

Bridge
'On screen'

------------------
"Isn't Y2K year 2048?? I mean last time I checked 1K was 1024.
Now that Y1.953125K, that's where the real problem lies..."

[This message was edited by Altair on May 20, 1999.]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's defnitely the Defiant Pathfinder. Look at this one.

And what does this mean? All together now:

THEY'VE SCREWED UP AGAIN!!!

I wonder how they did it. . . did they decide at the last minute they couldn't be bothered with designing a new ship, and pick that throwaway piece of sh*te from the DS9TM at random, or was it a case of "oh, we need some ship to use as a, hem hem, 'Defiant Pathfinder' to pad out the section on the Defiant in the DS9TM - ooh, let's use this one."

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to refresh your memory, the original Pathfinder top view (click on it to get a larger one):

------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's pretty cool looking.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
www.gamingsector.com

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I.

Love.

It.

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

I think that with all the fan-made Nova classes out there, this is the best choice to avoid the possibility of a fan claiming that his/her design is stolen.

It's a very cool design. The front of the saucer looks even better than the original Pathfinder design.

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*braces himself for news of the Registry!*

------------------
"Now then, I believe Random Pavarotti disease is a psychological ailment and we should find it in the otherworldliness of Vince's brain."
"Ohw, rubbish. I reckon Random Pavarotti disease is a physical condition......
Let's go and look at 'is bum!"

-Rex the Runt

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there ARE differences. The end result is more like a mini-Sovereign than anything else. . . but I thought this ship had been in the DQ longer than Yoyager? All the details suggest a pretty new ship, such as the fancy nacelles that evryone has theorized do the same job as variable-geometry ones. . .

It all comes down to the age of Janeway's hip. I believe that Voyager had already been in service a while, that this wasn't her maiden cruise - why? Because Tuvok knows too much about the ship, he couldn't have been told to infiltrate the Maquis just after getting the job.

And you think it might have been mentioned at one point or another that one of those cool new Nova-class ships had also vanished in the Badlands, at a time of relative peace with Cardassia and before the Dominion raised their ugly heads and disappearing ships became just another topic of conversation on DS9:

Sisko: "Hello there, crew!"

Crew: "Hey Captain!"

Sisko: "How's it going?"

Crew: "Bad."

Sisko: "Why bad?"

Crew: "We just heard the Heinbuch vanished near Cardassian space."

Sisko: "Oh, well, it wasn't a very good ship anyway."

(sorry Adam)

[This message was edited by The First One on May 20, 1999.]

The First One
Member # 35

Altair: good point (you posted while I was writing) - no-one comes forward and complained that the Defiant Pathfinder is like their own Nova design (and how could it? Most of them were crosses between the Ambassador and the Galaxy anyway) so it should let them off the hook.

Ultimately, of course, we'll all decide that the Defiant Pathfinder design was later turned from a warship technology testbed into a science vessel. . . but still, I suspect they've just been lazy and haven't thought it through.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How'd the Equinox get so far ahead in the Delta Quadrant? Voyager has, been pushed 10,000 lightyears by Kes before she left crossing 10 years worth of space in a seconds, used Quantum Slipstream twice, and a Borg transwarp coil. Voyager has used all sorts of methods to get where she is in the Delta Quadrant and it's unlikely that a ship like the Equinox which seems relativitly new (considering the uniforms they wear it must of been sometime around Generations when all of Starfleet began wearing those jumpsuits) could be that far into the quadrant unless it found a wormhole or grabbed some alien warp technology very superior to Federation technology.

------------------
"If you prick me, do I not...leak" - Data.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps