Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » It's Da Equinox! ($$) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: It's Da Equinox! ($$)
Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something occured to me. Suppose the Nova class has the bridge module section and other details of the Defiant, like the Pathfinder. Knowing the size of the Nova, which should be a little over 110 feet tall (6*13'+2*16' decks = 110' and then hull plating), we can calculate the size of all these elements and use that to scale the Defiant

[This message was edited by Boris on May 21, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, we couldn't.

Seriously, know all about part rescaling in Trek, so...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"CORUSCANT...DOES NOT COMPUTE...I mean, uh, you're under arrest!" - Anonymous battle droid

[This message was edited by The Shadow on May 21, 1999.]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bridge is more Prometheus/Intrepid based then Defiant, but it does seem to have the large alcove in the back like Defiant

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't look too bad, but the element that ruins it for me is that Intrepid secondary hull. It just looks REALLY out of place. Then again, I've never liked the Intrepids all that much either.

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5 Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, the Equnoix (and the Nova-class) isn;t that same as the defiant pathfinder.....

The definat pathfiner had 4 warp nacells, and a unified hull, while the nova-class has two nacelles, as well as a primary hull (sacer section) and a secondary hull (engineering section). How do I know the defaint pathfinder had four nacelles? It said so in the paragraph below its picture. How do I know it has one unfided hull? Just look at it. A secondary hull under this half saucer and elongated tail would kinda have no place to be attached onto.....

------------------
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong?"- Jean-Luc Picard

"Fortune Favors the Bold."- Benjamin Sisko

"And so, the warriors, the peacemakers, the helpers, the saviors, the forgotten, and the remembered, they all signed on that data padd and a new federation was born...."- Shannon London-Karkarsku, leader of the Unisist Movement

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's kinda unclear in the text whether the pathfinder has four nacelles or not....

There are some clear differences between the Nova and the pathfinder... the front end for starters. The nacelle pylons appear to attach further forward on the Nova as well.

It's unfair to say they were lazy and ripped one off the other... Sternbach designed both ships and obviously borrowed extensively from the pathfinder, but still came up with an original starship design...

------------------
"I haven't done any research, but I think the Defiant is 170m."
-Frank Gerratana

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...there isn't any text below the pathfinder picture.

*signature test*

------------------
"Don't call me at work again. Oh no, the boss still hates me. I'm just tired and I don't love you anymore, and there's a restaurant we should check out where the other nightmare people like to go...I mean nice people, baby wait, I didn't mean to say nightmare."
--
They Might Be Giants

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...the body text.

------------------
"I haven't done any research, but I think the Defiant is 170m."
-Frank Gerratana

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I like this ship better than the Sovereign class.

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a neat little ship. To theorize about who came first, the Intrepid or the Nova, I suggest that two (or more) subspace friendly warp designs were being tested. The result: they both worked fine but later tests showed the Sovereign style was better. Hence ships built in the same period with different nacelle styles.

------------------
Think of it this way, at least we will be in prison together.
Tom to B'Lanna, upon reaching Earth and and being arrested by Tuvok.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm amazed. . . you wait for ages for someone to commit one of the two special mis-spellings of 'Defiant' in "Defiant Pathfinder" - 'Definat' and 'Defaint' - and then someone does them both at once! Thanks, grb! 8)
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps