Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » It's Da Equinox! ($$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: It's Da Equinox! ($$)
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Nova and her sister ships I believe were commissioned after 2367. Wheter the ship is a carbon copy of the Defiant Class pathfinder or not, I believe is not important. I am happy to see a new ship. As for the registry, I believe the registry will fall somewhere between 71000 and 73000.
IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Not important?" NOT IMPORTANT?! It IS important! It's all that matters! *sigh* The youth of today. . .
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes has a very good point!
How DID they get where they are now??

------------------
"Isn't Y2K year 2048?? I mean last time I checked 1K was 1024.
Now that Y1.953125K, that's where the real problem lies..."

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPOILERS...
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
|
|
|
|
|
V
By breaking the Prime Directive and all those other pesky rules that the Voyager crew haven't broken. That's kind of the whole point of the episode's plot.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like this ship a bit.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"If it's not fun, it's not Macintosh." - Adam Engst

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this ship! It would be interesting to see what kind of advancements her counterparts in the AQ have had done to them. As for how they got so far, I have no clue. We know they were brought in by the Cartaker (or do we?..), but maybe they came across a few wormholes, or maybe the Cartaker gave them another push. However, I do not believe the Equinox was brought in by the Caretaker. Think about it: Equinox is a Starfleet ship manned by humans. If the Caretaker brought them in, why would he bring Voyager in too? The whole reason for bringing Votyager to the DQ was to see if they could replace the Caretaker. Obviously he had advanced technology that allowed him to scan the galaxy for lifeforms. If he had already studied the crew of the Equiniox, he would have already known that humans couldn't replace him. So if he already knew that, why bring anothe human ship in? It doesn't make sense to me.

------------------
I did it! I did it all! And I'm damn proud of it too!

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ID: We knew that. . . the point is, what have they done in particular to do so? And how come suc methods weren't available to Voyager, who had instead to rely on crewmembers achieving apotheosis, pinching technology from the Borg and others. . .

And more to the point, HOW COME at no point in their travels through the DQ have the crew heard about the other Federation starship that's ahead of them in space and are acting like complete bastards? Surely someone they encountered who'd knwn about it wqould have said something?

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well why do you think so many races were instantly hostile towards Voyager? ;-)

Actually, the idea that the Caretaker gave them a push soem of the way home would explain a lot, but this being Voyager it's more likely that we won't get an explanstion.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's nice, and certainly good to see on TV, but it's... not what I was expecting. It is a science ship, isn't it?

Okay... Another point. I think it's stated in "Relativity" that The Doctor was unique aboard Voyager at the time of comissioning... Or was it just rare? Either way, isn't it plausihle that they arrived in the DQ at about the same time as Voyager.

------------------
Garak: "I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences." (DS9: "Cardassians")

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

Also in the episode reletivatey, the ADmiral said that the Voyager was the most advanced ship in the fleet. This may mean that Voyager was new and that she was not old. The equinox left or was catapulted to the DQ in a small time frame prior to, Voyager's departure to right before the uniform change.

My other theory is that equinox was always behind Voyager. The equinox was sent to find VOyager and some how got propelled into the DQ. They may have had similair routes but could have been seperated by thousands of light years, even if their paths were parellel. Upon discovering some alien tech, the Equinox pblasts ahead of Voyager as she explores every single thing they come across that is intresting.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Pedro
Ex-Member

Well, I didn't read most of this (didn't want to get to spoiled), but I really like this ship. Looks alot like the Pathfinder to me, in fact, they are quite close to identical. Remember, the Pathfinder drawing was probably whipped out in 30 minutes for the book, so it's not surprising that the final ship is a bit different. Anyway, the design is clearly at least inspired by the Pathfinder.

*warms up capture card*

Pedro
Ex-Member

And what's this about unoriginal? Star Trek has always carried over major design elements from ship to ship, and in this case they've simply built a model of a ship already published in a book. What's the problem?
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to sound stupid, but.....

What is the Defiant Pathfinder.
Is it the class name?
I thought it was Nova Class.

Where dide the name Defiant Pathfinder come from.

------------------
Homeboy in Outerspace
(The only surviving fan of UPN's Homeboyz in Outer Space)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know what the Defiant Pathfinder, is either. I heard of it before, but it was a fanfic rendering that I saw, so I didn't think it was a real ship. I guess it's a Tech Manual ship, from what these guys have been saying. So, could you guys please elaborate? Is there a side view? How big is it? What kind of weaponry dies it have?

------------------
I did it! I did it all! And I'm damn proud of it too!

Pedro
Ex-Member

There's not much to it. The Pathfinder is a ship from the DS9 tech manual (they just show the top view). It was apparently a prototype for the Defiant class (designed for the book). I think there's a bit of info about the tech stuff, but I didn't pay much attention, I just like the pictures.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps