Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Screencap requests (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Screencap requests
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of those unknown Connies was a Miranda. There were the Excelsior, Copernicus, Enterprise, an unknown Connie ("Intrepid"), and an unknown Miranda.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't think so. Unknown 2 was a Constitution, definitely. And the nacelle - it could either be a Constitution or a Miranda, but there's no pylon attached baove the nacelle, so the only other possibility is a pylon being attached below the nacelle. This eliminates the possibility of it being a Miranda.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Alex: hmmmm.... [Confused]

-MM

Whatever it is, it is not my fault. [Wink]

-

Better now. [Smile]

Smashing work, surprisingly useful. However, I do seam to recall the shuttle taking a sharper turn before flying over the Excelsior.

Now go and do the same for the earlier spacedock sequences ;-)

BTW, my money is also on the Intrepid being one of those connies. Although I'm sure they were both labelled NCC-1701-A.
As for the Miranda, it was most likely labelled as the Saratoga, since it seams unlikely that they'd reliable the model for such a brief shot.
On the other hand, for all we know it could have been done up as the Lantree [Wink]

[ July 03, 2002, 16:13: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That seems to be a really bad way to position/dock your ships in Spacedock. Anyway, I also agree that one of the unknown Connies is the Intrepid (obviously not the same one from the episode with the giant space amoeba, but her replacement). The other unknown Conniw could be any name and registry, but I choose it to be Merrimack NCC-1715 just because we now know it's existance from ST1 (I assume it to be Connie class based on Franz Josephs Tech Manual). Finally I also agree the Miranda would be Lantree (just because it's the only other named and registered Miranda we know to be in this timeframe, other than Miranda herself)

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess most of the disables ships were later recovered and towed back to the station. This would explain why the dock is filled with so many ships.

--------------------

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
*Captain's command throne spins slowly around to face the board*
You will bring the screencaps HERE!!..... to ME!!.. then the DAY OF DECISION will begin!!!

*slams armrest with metal fist*

*thinks about the last big Spacedock debate he remembers*

No. Before any more screencaps may be posted, everyone must arrive at an absolute, unchangeable opinion about what classes the mystery ships are. (Oh, and there can only be two different opinions, that way everyone may take sides; after all, there are ONLY two sides to any given argument.) That way, if clearer, more detailed screencaps, which might even show beyond the shadow of a doubt the classes of the mystery ships, are posted, those of the incorrect opinion (and there is always an incorrect opinion) can absolutely refuse to believe their own eyes.

Then the day of decision may begin.

[ July 03, 2002, 22:31: Message edited by: Raw Cadet ]

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um.. but i havent seen any screencaps so far. .. the only thing that has been posted is schematics of the travel pod and a map of the ship's layout within spacedock.. but you suggest i come to a decision as to what they are before seeing anything before seeing any screencaps? ok, sure thing, space cowboy
Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A screencap is posted by The Mighty Monkey Of Mim on page two of this thread; the posts following the screencap are, in general, based upon viewing it.
capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that screencap tells me nothing. we wont be able to see what the ships are, until we see good screencaps
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, okay, give me a minute...

First we see two spacedock shuttles approaching Spacedock. No big deal.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/28/spacedock1.jpg

Next we cut to inside Spacedock. There is the travel pod with our heroes following another spacedock shuttle. To the left is an Oberth. No registry is visible, and this is the most we ever see of it (despite Capt. Amasov's memory). This is allegedly the Copernicus. Below the pod is a nacelle, clearly that of a refit Constitution since no pylon consistent with a Miranda is visible.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/28/spacedock2.jpg

From inside the travel pod, we see another Constitution nacelle, this time with pylon visible.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/28/spacedock3.jpg

Another spacedock shuttle flies overhead.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/28/spacedock4.jpg

The lead spacedock shuttle banks left to find the Excelsior.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/28/spacedock5.jpg

The travel pod is led over the Excelsior to reveal the Enterprise-A.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/28/spacedock6.jpg

Yay.

[ July 04, 2002, 09:11: Message edited by: Ryan McReynolds ]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

I was *nearly* right. I should change the schematic then.

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

ive just gone ahead and rewatched the scene on my non-letterbox video. first off, i cant believe we think these ships are labeled as anything since the registries arent visible, except possibly the Copernicus. i dont think theres any possibility of the nacelles being Mirandas, since we'd be passing through the saucer of the first one, and the second nacelle has a visible connie pylon... also, your layout for the docking stack pattern is wrong, the second connie nacelle is facing aft-end towards the E-A, not fore-toward.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

I don't have widescreen either, last time I saw it was months ago. So be happy I didn't add some Mirandas and Phase2-ships and Cardassian Keldons to the image because I 'thought I saw them'. [Smile]

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

i like your plan of doing it from memory better than Raw Cadet's plan of 'let's decide what the ships are, then look at screencaps' idea.. by the way, with the advent of these screencaps, i think we can conclusively say that neither set of glimpsed nacelles belongs to a Miranda, so they must be connies, probably the E-A model.
Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Here it is - corrected and everything. The red numbers indicate the screenshots and the area they show.
 -

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps