Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Screencap requests (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Screencap requests
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
completely unrelated, but does anyone else think that Spacedock is one of the most retarded things ever? how much stuff do they need to have a facility that is so many miles tall? is that all rooms for visitng crews and repair staff? and they just kind of leave the ships stacked up traffic-jam style?

anywho.. yes, good schematic.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No disrespect to Capt Kyle intended, but here is a more correct version of what was where...

-

[Edit] whoops, looks like he beat me to it [Cool]

[ July 04, 2002, 11:26: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
whoops, looks like he beat me to it [Cool]

[Razz]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Next, someone has to come up with a simple flash animation with the ships in their respective places as the travel pod moves between them. [Wink]

Keep in mind also that the odd layout of where the ships are could be because many of them are in motion around the dock. According to the picture above, they could be backing the Excelsior into a berth close to the central core thing, or she could be through the closest space doors (unlikely, as Sulu was half boasting about getting that ship); the Oberth and first Connie are entering or leaving. The second Connie and E-A are in "parking" berths, albeit at odd angles.

Mark

[ July 04, 2002, 12:55: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Cool! Next, someone has to come up with a simple flash animation with the ships in their respective places as the travel pod moves between them. [Wink]

But I need Reverend's help for it. I'm not that experienced in creating flash animations. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you think I am?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Then I think we have a problem. We could create 3D-meshes and render a little sequence from different angles then.

[Smile] [Cool]

(Oh, and do you really think the pod made a 90�-turn? Looked more like a 45�-turn to me. That's the reason my spacedock looks more messed up than yours does. Maybe we should find an answer for this one first before attempting to create the movie sequence. [Wink] )

[ July 04, 2002, 17:12: Message edited by: Cpt. Kyle Amasov ]

--------------------

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't mind me.

[(Second) Edit: the message I originally posted probably should have been sent as a personal message. I have now sent it as such, so I erased it here. This whole post may be deleted, with extreme prejudice.]

[ July 05, 2002, 15:17: Message edited by: Raw Cadet ]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a thought. Does anyone think that Spacedock and Drydock should actually swtich names? Spacedock seems more like a drydock (docking ships outside of and protected from space) and Drydock seems more like a Spacedock (docking ships in and not protected from space)

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:

Why the hell would they relable it BACK to Grissom again?

Maybe they only relabeled the underside of the saucer and the upperside was still labeled "USS Grissom".
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, that's a really cool reconstruction. The Miranda I was thinking of was seen earlier in the film.

http://www.stguardian.to/fed/starships/spacedockprobe.jpg

I guess ships shifted positions between then and the end sequence. Not at all a problem, considering we have no real idea of how long it was in between.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOBODY HAS THE F*CKING MELBOURNE???
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently fucking not!
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hm.. the advice we seem to be constantly giving the monkey boy that he consistently does not take, would be that he should calm the fuck down... oh well.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Fuck" the Melbourne! It had the 6xxxx registry. We were told that. We've checked images on numerous occasions and found that to be true. Move on. Find something else. Find a woman and "fuck" her. Anything.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps