Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Screencap requests (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Screencap requests
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is now several million years later, but a question regarding the first Constituion nacelle seen in this shot. If it is a Constitution, shouldn't you be able to see the back of the saucer on the left hand side of the sceen? Aren't the nacelles and saucer of the refit-connie at the same height?

You can just about see the registry on the second Connie nacelle too, although I think it's at too extreme an angle to be readable. But unreadable registries doesn't normally stop people from attempting... [Smile]

And do both those Connie nacelles look strangely dull to everyone else? Shouldn't they have running lights, or spotlights, or something on them?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The top edge of the saucer is roughly on the same level as the bottom edge of the nacelle... since the bottom of the nacelle is not visible, neither should the saucer be.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I assume then that that is not the top of the ship's bridge that's sticking out above the nacelle?
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are two possibilities: either they used the Reliant or E-A to shoot this ship (assuming they didn't take a single, large nacelle for this scene because it would have been easier to handle or to shoot). And since there's no pylon on top of the nacelle visible, it has to be a Constitution.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All these years I wondered what people were talking about when they mentioned other ships in Spacedock. Is this what happens when you do not visit a theater often as a child and purchase your videotapes in unpopular pan-and-scan format?

But I have seen the light!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
So, I assume then that that is not the top of the ship's bridge that's sticking out above the nacelle?

No. That nubbin is on bot the Connie and Miranda nacelles at that point, just where the inset bit at the top front ends.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
But I have seen the light!

You mean the position light on top of the nacelle? [Wink]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps