Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shuttlecraft List - Fill in the blanks (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Shuttlecraft List - Fill in the blanks
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
The Copernicus was the second shuttle seen/sent out to find the Galileo 7 in the ep. "The Galileo Seven"

No, that was the Columbus. There was no Copernicus in the original live-action series. However, as newark pointed out, the was a long range shuttle named Copernicus in the animated episode "The Slaver Weapon."

Other TAS shuttles include the following:
-The Aquashuttle from "The Ambergris Element," registered NCC-1701/7. (The same episode also featured another aquatic auxiliary craft, the Scouter-Gig, registered NCC-1701/R6.)
-An unnamed shuttle registered NCC-1701/12 from "Mudd's Passion." (There was also one of the same type numbered NCC-1701/4 and a Class-F numbered NCC-1701/3 in the shuttlebay, along with at least two others whose numbers weren't readable.)

Other points:
-The "Laikia" is actually named something that sounds like "Venture" or "Avenger" or something similar, though it's hard to tell what exactly it is. Spike has an audio clip here, I believe.
-The first Hawking (from "The Host" [TNG]) was indeed a Shuttlecraft 10 and a Type-7. The second (from Generations) has no known type designation or number.
-You seem to have forgotten the difference in terminology for "shuttlecrafts" and "shuttlepods." The El-Baz, Onizuka, Pike, and Voltaire are not "Shuttlecraft 05, 07," etc, but rather "Shuttlepod 05, 07," etc.
-Similarly, though rather oddly nonetheless, the Defiant's pod is simply "Shuttle 01" whereas the Chaffee is "Shuttlecraft 1." (Curiously, not "01" but simply "1.")
-The E-D's Shuttlepod 09 (from "The Price" [TNG]) is the Ley according to Rick Sternbach.

I'll probably come up with some more, but I can't think of them right offhand.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Where are Pontiac and Indiana Jones?
Where were they seen?

quote:
Was the Conrad the ship from the TMP:SE? In this case, it would be the same class as the TOS-shuttles, "type F". And I guess the other one shared the same name with the it?

I think that's where I got that from, it's been a while since I compiled most of this and I neglected to give each shuttle an annotation.

quote:

It has been some time since I did some research on shuttles. But I could dig out my stuff (especially Voyager) to see if there has been more.

Any and all input is welcome.

quote:
Also, I'm not doubting you on this, but where was it established that basically all 24th Cent. shuttles called class-2?
That's a tiny bit of conjecture on my part, in an attempt to reconcile the later seasons of Voyager.
I propose that all the standard shuttles we see (post TOS) are Class-2 while the small Shuttlepods are Class-1, making the Cargo shuttles (possibly including the Argo) Class-3 shuttles.
Theoretically the Captain's Yachts, Aero Shuttles, the Delta Flyer and the Waverider shuttle could be of a Class-4, although that is pure speculation.

quote:
the mentioning of the LR shuttle in TMP the Discovery?
I forgot about that one, please refresh my memory.

quote:
And you forgot the famous changeling-shuttle from "Caretaker".
No I didn't. I just have it as being NCC-71325.
Can we confirm which is correct?

quote:
How about the Long-Range shuttle 'Venture' from the subspace chatter from Epsilon IX?
Ok, just how many shuttles were mentioned in that chatter? Wasn't someone here trying to get an official transcript out of Probert?

quote:
Hawking-there were two Hawkings. The first was seen in "The Host". According to a diagram found in Encyclopedia 1, the shuttle had a registry of NCC-1701-D/10. The second was on your list.
Wouldn't that make three Hawkins? Including the one in Generations.

quote:
On the desk, there was a model of a Sakharov-type shuttle with the name of Heinlein.

Is there a scan available?

quote:
The original Enterprise's shuttles were type 1 am I right?

And also I think it would be kind of neat to include the NX's shuttles but do we know if/what any of their names are?

You are not and I don't think the NX-01 pods have names...yet.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
TOS shuttles were never described as anything other than "shuttles."

Wrong. As has been pointed out by at least two others, the standard TOS shuttle design was given the description "Class-F" in "The Menagerie" (TOS).

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.
And yeah, Rev---though others have already mentioned it---you should add the NX-01's Pod 1 and Pod 2.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have been more accurately expressing my intent had I said "The Enterprise's shuttles."
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

They're all the same. I don't at all buy the bit about there being two variants. And yes, that means the starship-assigned shuttles were warp capable. Perhaps only low-warp, so that the dramaturgic element is preserved, but warp-capable nonetheless. Otherwise, there's no reason for them to have warp nacelles... [Roll Eyes]

Oh, Rev:
-According to the annotations of the TNG Tecnical Manual, Okuda made a display for the inside of the shuttlebay control booth that listed names such as Sam Freedle and Indiana Jones. Also mentioned is an occurrence of the production crew relabeling the exterior shuttlepod mockup as the Pontiac-1701D during the filming of "In Theory" (TNG), as a joke on Patrick Stewart, who occasionally worked as a spokesperson for Pontiac automoblies.
-You don't have the two Enterprise captain's yachts, (the D's Calypso and the E's Cousteau) but I assume that's intentional.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- Might you want to include the mining shuttle Nenebek from "Final Mission", Pentarus V, the planet it is from is a Federation planet? (I say this due to the inclusion of the Vulcan shuttle...)

Status Updates:

- The Curie was given to the Cardassian in "Lower Decks" so its status is probably "destroyed" or something of the like...

- The Magellan was destroyed in "The Outcast"...

- The Sakharov was destroyed in "Deja Q"...

- The Voltaire was destroyed in "In Theory"...

The "I'm probably totally wrong on this, but...":

- I thought that the Galileo (TNG) was a Type-7, not a Type-6.

- I thought that the Drake (VGR) was a Type-7, not a Type-8.

- I thought that the Sacajawea (VGR) was a Type-8, not a Type-6.

- Finally, according the the Omnipedia, the Hawking from "Generations" was the same one seen in "The Host"...but thats the Omnipedia for ya... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure the Long-Range shuttle from TMP is Venture. I listened to the MP3 and I'm still hearing a 'K' sound, pointing to Laika or whatever it is.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't the Galileo from TNG's All Good Things a Type 6? I could have sworn that Tasha and Picard were in a Type 6 when touring the outside of the Enterprise-D.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Galileo was Type 6:
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/322/t_galileo5.jpg

How many different types were really mentioned onscreen? I just remember that the Curie was referred to as Type 6 in "Parallels".

Why is the Verne's number RS-47?

From which episode is the second Voltaire?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why is the Verne's number RS-47?

Because it is the Shuttle for Relay Station 47 and thats whats printed on the side of the shuttle
quote:

From which episode is the second Voltaire? [/QB]

There was a second Voltaire? Aside from ole' Shuttle 03 from "In Theory"; destroyed in Mar Oscura nebula...no others existed...unless it was from Voyager or something...
quote:
Wasn't the Galileo from TNG's All Good Things a Type 6?
And again, that was something I wasnt sure about, thats why I asked....

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Because it is the Shuttle for Relay Station 47 and thats whats printed on the side of the shuttle
But that's just the shuttle's assignment.

quote:
There was a second Voltaire?
Forget it. I misread the chart. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
[QB] [QUOTE]Because it is the Shuttle for Relay Station 47 and thats whats printed on the side of the shuttle

But that's just the shuttle's assignment.
Hmm, well in that case, I suppose the same could then be said about the Deep Space K-7 Shuttle (NCC-K7), Conrad (SB-6), and SC-4....

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

Hey, look what I just found:

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/322/copernicus.jpg

It's from the "Selected Historical Data" documentation that Dr. Phlox mentioned in the Garuda-topic.

Any ideas where/if this shuttle was used?

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hull markings look different. Maybe an early vessel. Maybe the shuttle from the Armus-episode. IIRC, that was a type 7.

The guys from Voyager had the interior set of a type 8 shuttle and the exterior of a Type 6, a leftover from TNG. That's the reason we did sometimes see shuttles that were both type 6 and 8. Like the Sacajawea. The cockpits look indeed similar, but there's a type-8-diagram on the wall behing the side window.

I could make some Hawking-screeenshots for you. I have the Generations-cuts.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for one would like to see that. I made a screenshot myself of the Hawking from the cut scenes, but the quality wasn�t very good. I like the shot on the ground with Picard and Worf getting in.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps