Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shuttlecraft List - Fill in the blanks (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Shuttlecraft List - Fill in the blanks
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
Maybe 1701-D? I remember one of the early (1st or 2nd season) episodes where a guy from the E-D - who has not been accepted at the academy - steals a shuttle and accidentially flies it into the atmosphere of a planet. Picard manages to guide him out of the mess. Could have been a reused shot.

That was shuttle 13, the same shuttle that crashed in "Skin of Evil"...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at the star trek the adventure in london theres is a model of a shutle, a type 7 i believe, although it was too high to see what it was labelled as the sign said that it was the shuttle magellan (SP?).
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. The 30th anniversary book had a chapter about Trek's special effects. Besides showing a dark shot of what seems to be the type 6 filming miniature (the text says it's the Sacajawea) there's also a picture of one of the spacedock shuttles from the movies, obviously named "Magellan", according to the text.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was another Type 7 shuttle at the exhibition, but it was only labelled Pod 1, there are some photos of it online. I also just found a few photos on my hard drive of a Type 7 with Pod 09 on it, it looks like it's a studio model at an exhibition. I didn't know there were any shuttles with that number.

While on the subject, they also had the Type 6 shuttle with separate damaged nacelles and the Starfleet Academy trainer model at the London exhibition. I took a few photos of them, but haven't finished the film yet.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some additional notes:

Note 1
According to the ST:TNG Companion, the shuttle in "The Nth Degree" was named the Feynman.

Note 2
In "Devil's Due", the shuttlepod was identified as "Shuttle 1".

Note 3
There was no visual identification of shuttle 4 in "The Next Phase". In this episode, the shuttle, named the Goddard according to the Companion, was waiting for shuttle 4 to leave. Knowing that both shuttle classes 6 and 7 were operational to 2371, the unssen shuttle 4 could have been either one of those two classes or of an unseen class.

Note 4
In "Suspicions", Riker identified the Justman as a Class 6 shuttle.

Note 5
The second Hawking has her number on the hull. She was shuttle 15.

Note 6
I know of two numbers for the Goddard shuttle. The correct number for this shuttle was either 2 (ST: The Magazine) or 15 (ST: Fact Files).

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The shuttle in "Identity Crisis". Could this shuttle have been assigned to a starship with the registry of NCC-70231 and parked at the starbase?

I think, on further reflection, the Copernicus NCC-1701/03 was listed in a ST: Magazine article. If so, for those who have the magazines, can you tell me and others what the specific information was for this shuttle? Thanks.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UPDATE

Shuttle List 2

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delta Flyer...

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I take it that the designations "Type-4" and "Type-5" for the TFF shuttles and the second Hawking are just your conjecture? (Because there was never any canonical type designation for either.)

And where did you get that the shuttle from Insurrection was named Galileo? (Or, for that matter, that it was designated "Type 11...")

And again, Shuttlepod 09 from "The Price" is named Ley.

According to this production art, Janeway's "Endgame" shuttle is Type-18H.

The third page of Sternbach's last mag article includes a table showing the assignments and numbers of 9 out of the initial roster of 15 AeroShuttles.

[ April 15, 2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure the Copernicus was destroyed? All I remember is that the thrusters weren't working at the end of the film. Perhaps they went back down and retrieved it at the end?

What about Runabouts? They're just bigger shuttles, after all. And despite having their own NCCs, they still seemed to be assigned to big ships and stations.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
- Might you want to include the mining shuttle Nenebek from "Final Mission", Pentarus V, the planet it is from is a Federation planet? (I say this due to the inclusion of the Vulcan shuttle...)

No, it was not a Federation planet. The Feds were just called to mediate a mining dispute on the planet as an outside party. Captain Dirgo actually says "We don't have the luxuries of the Federation" or something along those lines in the episode.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

I agree it was a far reach to be Federation and I realize what Dirgo said...which actually was: "I don't have the Federation's resources..." regarding the age of his ship, but then again earlier during the teaser the conversation between Wes and Picard said something which might suggest that it was an outpost or 'territory' or 'protectorate':

-----
Picard - "And as your final mission aboard the Enterprise... I'd like you to accompany me to Pentarus while I try to sort things out with the
miners.........Mister Riker tells me you've been studying the effects of outpost judiciary decisions on Federation Law. What better way to get first-hand experience?"
-----
That implies that this dispute was one of an 'outpost' and he was conducting something that was to be a 'judiciary decision', similar to those that he heard Wes was studying and how those cases effect Federation Law.

And for some reason the Omnipedia also sees Pentarus V a Federation planet.

Similarily, the ship did have a non-Starfleet, yet Federation registry of "NAR-2066"....

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
yet Federation registry of "NAR-2066"....

That's a myth. The Nenebek had just a graphitti-style "2066" on its hull.

quote:
According to the ST:TNG Companion, the shuttle in "The Nth Degree" was named the Feynman.
Strange. That was a Type 7, while the Feynman in "Chain of Command" was a Type 6.

quote:
The second Hawking has her number on the hull. She was shuttle 15.
Do you have any pictures?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone do a chart of all the 'type x' shuttles. I keep forgetting which is which!

And is it generally the smaller the shuttle the higher the number - i.e. type 15 shuttle pod and the seemingly smaller Defiant's type 17!!

Type 20 - it's just a toilet! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the EAS shuttle size chart:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/fleet-charts.htm

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps