Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shuttlecraft List - Fill in the blanks (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Shuttlecraft List - Fill in the blanks
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
The hull markings look different. Maybe an early vessel. Maybe the shuttle from the Armus-episode. IIRC, that was a type 7.

They didn't use an intact miniature for that shuttle, besides, the rear of this one is like a regular Type-7, the one from Skin of Evil had a strange inset. It certainly looks like they were going to use the model for shooting, but it could be some kind of test. They were using all the different mounts, maybe to see which ones worked well?

Oh yeah, I've remembered another shuttle. There was a Type-7 in the episode when Geordi's transformed into an alien(can't remember the name) that had been stolen from a Starbase. I don't think it had a name, but the registry is probably SB-[starbase number].

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Copernicus appears to be one of those early Probert study models that had "wraparound" side windows instead of side doors. It lacks almost all the familiar greeblies, save for the beacon atop the rear part. "The Continuing Mission" has a pic of somebody manhandling this model (sans the "Copernicus" markings), IIRC. And the marking style is the original one from the various Probert drawings and paintings, with the full "NCC-1701-D" on the side instead of just "1701-D".

I doubt this model was ever used for episode photography, but it could have served as a stand-in for setting up effects shots. The way those side walls have been opened looks rather terminally destructive to me...

Timo Saloniemi

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could someone please post a screenshot of the Shuttle 'Heinlein'?

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK,... there seems to be a little problem with the screenshot thing. If anyone has about 6MB he doesn't need we can upload the thing. And I think lcarscom.net does still host them. Found it. Go to "Special Features" on the main page, then "Generations: Uncut". It's number 18.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some screenshots I made from it using PowerDVD. I can upload them if you're having trouble getting captures from the DivX. Of course, the quality of them is pants.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may not be a complete list, but it might be useful. It comes from my own personal FileMaker database which will be moved to MySQL on my website some time in the next century or so. [Wink]

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/444/shuttlecraft.txt

(The strings of numbers at the end of each line are episode ID numbers for the automatic relationships inside my database. I can export the episode names instead, if that'd help.)
EDIT: The shuttle from the Geordi-turns-into-an-alien episode was the Type-15 shuttlepod Cousteau, assigned to the USS Aries (NCC-45167).

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What's this Galileo/Galileo 2-thing again? G1 was destroyed, replaced by G2, which was lateron destroyed/abandoned as well, but we still saw it again as G2. Right?

Not quite. The Galileo first appeared in "The Galileo Seven", and was destroyed. It then appeared again As Galileoin "Metamophosis", and finally in "The Immunity Syndome", where it was destroyed again. The Galileo II first appeared in "The Way To Eden".

What the hell was going on with the Sakharov? Was it just continuously renamed without being relabelled? If you're including that, then Shuttlepod 05 was called the Onizuka on one occasion, although I can't recall which.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first Galileo also appeared in "The Doomsday Machine," in which the Nutcase of the Week, Commodore Decker, piloted it down the thing's maw and blew up. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Johnny
Member # 878

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:

EDIT: The shuttle from the Geordi-turns-into-an-alien episode was the Type-15 shuttlepod Cousteau, assigned to the USS Aries (NCC-45167).

Not the one on the planet surface, the shuttle I'm talking about is stolen by one of Geordi's former crewmates.
I just checked the episode. Lt. Hickman posted on what sounded like Nelia IV was spotted in his shuttle by a Federation supply ship the day before. The Enterprise then detects his Type 7 shuttle on its way to Tarchanen and watches helplessly as he flies it into the atmosphere and is killed. I've got some screencaps of the shuttle before it explodes. Looks like the registry has a 7 at each end, but you probably won't be able to tell by the JPEGs.

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=2195356

That's two "new" Type-7 shuttles I've found in as many days. [Smile]

[ April 15, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Phlox ]

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the type-7 shuttle resurrected for BOBW2 ever given an identity?

And the type-7 shuttle from "Skin of Evil" was "Shuttle 13"...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....two for tuesday, double post....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Maybe... 72231, 70231, or 72221

That's about as clear as I could get it though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe 1701-D? I remember one of the early (1st or 2nd season) episodes where a guy from the E-D - who has not been accepted at the academy - steals a shuttle and accidentially flies it into the atmosphere of a planet. Picard manages to guide him out of the mess. Could have been a reused shot.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
[QUOTE]If you're including that, then Shuttlepod 05 was called the Onizuka on one occasion, although I can't recall which.

"The Ensigns of Command" was the episode where the Shuttlepod was relabeled from El-Baz to Onizuka, but the number was not changed from 05 to 09.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Johnny
Member # 878

quote:
Maybe 1701-D? I remember one of the early (1st or 2nd season) episodes where a guy from the E-D - who has not been accepted at the academy - steals a shuttle and accidentially flies it into the atmosphere of a planet. Picard manages to guide him out of the mess. Could have been a reused shot.

I just had a look at my screenshots from that episode and the angles are quite different, unless this was from unused footage.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps