Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Earth" starships from "Twilight" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: "Earth" starships from "Twilight"
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I capped the episode. Check out the "Iceland"- and Intrepid-type here listed as earth starfleet type 1 and 2 from "Twilight", with the fleet further down as fleet from "Twilight:
starships

And a breakdown of the ships at:
"Twilight" ships

So, any guesses as to the identity? Any new ships in there?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akyazi !!

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Observe:

http://www.gilsostartrekschematics.co.uk/fanbprints/periaction/akyazi/akyazischemtop.jpg

And after seeing the FF diagrams of the Hazari ship, I concur that it is indeed a reuse. So we've got Enterprise, Intrepid, two "Icelands", two Y-classes, a J-class, a Hazari, and what else?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is at least one (and I think 2) of the Arctic One-type design from "Regeneration" (ENT). And if the other one is indeed the Axanar vessel from "Fight Or Flight," then it's a nice (though perhaps not entirely intentional) bit of continuity, as IIRC the Axanar were supposed to join the Federation at some point, right?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... we don't know that. We only know Captain Garth led some victory against someone at Axanar, and that the outcome of the battle led to Spock and Kirk "being able to work together". And a young Kirk attended the Axanar peace mission and got a medal.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there a map on DS9 that showed Axanar inside Federation space?

Also, though it wouldn't be strictly canon of course, doesn't Star Charts list it as a UFP member?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed it does, but then it also lists the Ba'ku as being members.
So Axanar could be either a full member or just a protectorate.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Axanar is like Puerto Rico.
Sure they're an independant country.
Sure they are.

Here's aquestion: does the forward half of the Intrepid's nacelles connect with the saucer or are they just very very very close?
I see no pylon attachment in any stillframe there and there seems to be all the shadow of it not being attached.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they're attached. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

They aren't attached, no.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

This guy , who posts on the TrekBBS, has HDTV and does the most awesome screencaps I've yet seen. For pics of the Intrepid and triangular ships, go down to the bottom to the sub-gallery labeled "Xindi Battle."

I've requested caps of the refugee fleet from him as well.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

Aya
Member # 1148

- posted      Profile for Aya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or does one of the triangle shaped ships look like a Romulan warbird (like the kind seen in "Minefield" and TOS?

And those HDTV screencaps are very nice. [Smile]

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed about the warbird thing. Up-swept engine pylons on the primary hull aren't typical for Fed/Earth designs at all - only ENT seems to show those.

The Intrepid has a nice "steamship" feeling IMHO. The ribbed nacelle design, the metal finish, the overall clumsiness of nacelle placement... She's like something Matt Jeffries could have come up with. Install swept pylons for sleeker nacelles mounted farther aft, and the Intrepid would look like a 24th century vessel, though.

Timo Saloniemi

Aya
Member # 1148

- posted      Profile for Aya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Jefferies, is he still alive?

I'm alittle partial to the triangle ship myself.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jefferies passed away January of this year, IIRC.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps