Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Earth" starships from "Twilight" (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: "Earth" starships from "Twilight"
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK not a redesign but more of the 'technology unchained' thing to link it in with the Daedelus.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah. The kids these days don't even recognize a good design anymore. With all your new fangled air-o-dynamics and glowing gadgets. In our days, we were happy with a starship looking like a shampoo bottle!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to point out that there is no canon evidence for the ball-and-stick ship to be the Daedalus...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no, not speaking in the strictest sense of the word there isn't. But it WAS designed by Jein in the first place specifically to represent the Daedalus, and it's been universally regarded as such by Paramount, so...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, even by the tea lady?

And, if we're going to go down this road, there's no canon evidence that the shampoo bottle with ball attached ship even existed for real in Trek.

Hnng.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we go by very strict canon, there's also no evidence that water is wet.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sighs*

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or that the Defiant is 120m.

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought we agreed that Defiant size is small [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

or smallish? [Smile]

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, no, not speaking in the strictest sense of the word there isn't. But it WAS designed by Jein in the first place specifically to represent the Daedalus, and it's been universally regarded as such by Paramount, so...
True, very, very true. However, that "early warp ship" model was also designed by Jein in the first place specifically to represent Cochrane's first warpship. Except...that got changed by STFC. And that cigar-shaped ship with the wings on the fins, don't even get me started about that...

[ December 17, 2003, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually... the Daedalus model appeared at one point as a model in Captain Sisko's office on DS9 (see "The Art of Star Trek" by the Reeves-Stevens', page 6). So unless it was a fictitious vessel as decoration, which to me seems unlikely, that's your evidence of it existing right there.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes, we know. And at one point, there was a model of a movie-Constitution class ship with it's nacelles on backwards in someone's quarters. Are we going to insist that exists now?

And, to extend it, I have an Optimus Prime figure on a shelf in my room, because I am cool. Is that proof that there's a truck (or fine engine, in this case) out there that transforms into a giant robot?

--------------------

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I thought we agreed that Defiant size is small

--------------------
Jan Strzelecki - Kazeite

Quote:

Riker: "Tough little ship."
Worf: (Snarling) "LITTLE?"

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Snarling? [Smile]

Next scene: Riker lies on the floor motionless, a piece missing from his neck... Worf wiping blood and flesh off his mouth onto the sleeve of his uniform.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps