Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Earth" starships from "Twilight" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: "Earth" starships from "Twilight"
Aya
Member # 1148

- posted      Profile for Aya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. [Frown]

Well, atleast he'll live in every Feddie starship. Well, the ones that have Jefferies Tubes.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aya:
Is it just me or does one of the triangle shaped ships look like a Romulan warbird (like the kind seen in "Minefield" and TOS?

Actually, they look like the Sabre: CHeck out the bridge at the very front of the dorsal side.
http://provocativeintertainment.t35.com/infinity/recaps/8/screens/subgal3/16.jpg

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aya
Member # 1148

- posted      Profile for Aya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sabre? I don't see the resemblance.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right, now it's time for someone with artistic talent to recreate those Earth Starfleet ships in real 2D arrangements! [Big Grin]

Aya: The "Iceland" ship has its bridge right at the front of the primary hull, just like the Saber does. But that's all Jason was referring to, I think -- not the rest of the ship.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly: just the bridge position and the look of the bridge itself.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More cockpitty than bridgey, methinks... Goes with the overall aerodynamic look of the ship.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

NO....look at how far away the ship is in the screencap I linked: it's a bridge and probably as large a bridge as the NX-01's at that.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that. What I'm saying is that the bridge is placed forward on the hull to evoke the image of an jet fighter.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

hmmmmm....I think it looks more like a 767's cockpit buldge (as long as we're making airplane comparisons).
That's the feature that I think makes the Sabre so attractive and fast looking.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please don't direct-link to any of these pics.

The convoy caps are up now, too, I think...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Why?
Does it hose someone more than going through the directory?
If so, I'll definitely not do it...

'cept to you, of course. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
none of the convoy caps work - although I haven't seen the episode and I shouldn't be spoiling myself like this.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He messed up with the thumbnail page, he just used the layout of the main gallery page, so the thumbnails don't work and there are too many of them, but if you click on the first 6 or so, you will indeed get the full sized convoy pics.

Jason, he's got a big pleading reminder right at the top of the page...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'm supposed to read pleas from puny humans now?
BAH!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the Intrepid, it seems to have an almost identical basic saucer construction as the NX-class. Quite a lot of windows too. Probably the saucer is of the same size, minus the cut-outs. Only that if they do a side by side comparison, they will let the NX appear considerably larger.

And I agree with Starship Freak that one of the designs looks like Kes's shuttle.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps