Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005 (Page 10)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is that link for the Fleet Museum?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.stguardian.to/pics/fleetmuseum.jpg

right there....

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, since there seemed to be a few complaints about the Enterprise-B model used in this years calendar, here's a sneak preview of the revised one...

http://mattc.vip.warped.com/images2/enterprise_B3_0001.png

Ignore the textures for the moment...

M.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty good!

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it the Enterprise-B version from Generations? I can't tell without seeing her belly...

On another note, why is there no starship in the Fleet Museum photo that has the registry NCC-1701-A?

[ October 05, 2004, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge ]

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick work again. The E-refit in that picture is the same model used in the TMP director's cut, sans mods. The E-nil has been seen in the calendar before too.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
BTW, since there seemed to be a few complaints about the Enterprise-B model used in this years calendar, here's a sneak preview of the revised one...

http://mattc.vip.warped.com/images2/enterprise_B3_0001.png

Ignore the textures for the moment...

M.

Bueatiful work there! Show us more as she comes along, please! [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if you can sneak-peak it for us, a look at the underside of the E-J, onegashimasu. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pardon me, MattC, but who are you? (I must have missed an introduction somewhere. [Embarrassed] ) You sound like you actually work/have worked on Trek, or at least the ancillary productions like the calendars. Am I just slow in keeping up with who post here?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think he formally introduced himself, but what he has contributed in the discussion leads me to believe he has some part in making at least the SotL calendars.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know, he knows a few people involved in the making.

And is it just me or are the lines between the doors on the back of the B outset in that image?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Matt Cristou, I presume. Late of at least one Lightwave forum I used to lurk around..?

mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, considering that his e-mail address (as seen on his Web page, as linked to in his profile) starts with "mchristou"...
MattC
Member # 1391

That's moi [Smile]

Another shot of the B geometry as requested...

http://mattc.vip.warped.com/images2/enterprise_B2_0001.png

And yes, the coloured shapes are supposed to be there, at least, according to the images I got from a) the DVD and b) John Eaves. (Ignore the textures, they meane nothing at this point).

It's the latest model in an effort to build a set of definitive Enterprises from the NX to the Nemesis Enterprise-E. Along the way, the team@DU (there are 4 of us) have been fortunate enough to interact with alot of the ex-FI, Eden, DD folks who bought you this stuff originally and have been kind enough to help us out with references, advice and abuse about going overboard on the detail. But then again, I know how pedantic you lot are when it comes to detail. [Smile]

Here's the B (sans textures), the C and D.

http://mattc.vip.warped.com/images2/entbcd.jpg

Size is correct, though the B is slightly distorted since i forgot about the pixel aspect ratio when I rendered the ortho.

As for doing this crap professionally, no thanks (I make far too much money in my normal job). I'll leave that to the Zoic/Eden/DD folks.

Fortunately, one (actually make that two) of the people who put the calendar together liked what he saw with this one and comissioned my friend (who did mos tof the geometry) and I to finish it off for use next year (i.e. 2006 SOTL) since the current Muse excelsior is such a POS. Though to be fair, most of that stuff is designed for TV and to be moving rather than print work like the calendars.

The Amabassador in the Fleet Museum shot was built by Lee Stringer. I'll try to render up a couple of shots of it when I find the time.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions or requests, feel free. e.g. if you've got any questions for any of the folks who produced the calendars, I can pass them on.

M.

PS: Boh: I know about the doors, I just haven't got round to fixing it yet. SeanR over at SFM already pulled us up on it. And I'll give Stringer (Who built the Ent-Refit model) a holler about fixing up the Enterprise-Refit to show the correct registry and colour scheme for the Ent-A as well.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it IS that one, I thought some of that looked familliar. Thats really cool.

Never noticed the Classic 'hatch' markings on the Excelsior before, kinda neat.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps