Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$Cold to the Tech! ["Cold Station 12" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$Cold to the Tech! ["Cold Station 12" Spoilers]
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Harry! Caps are a bit small, but very nice. Are all tech things there? The asteroid is cold station 12? The denobulan medical shuttle and klingon BoP are there, was there anything shown in the BoP:s shuttlebay? Like a small vessel? Any schematics seen?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
- 1800+ embryos. Yikes! This must be a top-top-secret facility. Because Kirk & co. were convinced that the ~80 supermen on the Botany Bay were all there ever were.

No, Khan's 80 were the only ones unaccounted for at the end of the wars. The ones from C-12 were certainly fairly well accounted for, plus they hadn't even been "born" yet.

quote:
- The diseases listed on the inventory where:
- Xenopolycythemia (TOS: "For the World is...")
- Synthococcus novae type A (TOS: "The Way to Eden")
- Rigelian fever (TOS: "Requiem for Methuselah")
- Tellurian plague (TNG: "A Matter of Time")
- Anchilles fever (TNG: "Code of Honor")
- Andronesian encephalitis (TNG: "The Dauphin")

That's very, very cool. About as cool as when they used the anatomical illustrations of all those TOS creatures from the Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual in the schoolroom on DS9. [Eek!]

quote:
Originally posted by Starship Freak:
Thanks Harry! Caps are a bit small, but very nice. Are all tech things there? The asteroid is cold station 12? The denobulan medical shuttle and klingon BoP are there, was there anything shown in the BoP:s shuttlebay? Like a small vessel? Any schematics seen?

Well surely someone here on the board can make their own batch of HDTV-quality caps custom-tailored to our own specific needs. (More ship shots and views of the arm patches, etc.) Any takers? Lee?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wonder how five Augments and one Soong have managed to move 1800 embryos to the shuttle in two and a half minutes...

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The galaxy may never know... [Smile]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So apparently the Augments weren't engineered by direct DNA recombination or other entirely-artificial means like that. (Actually, this is in line with Spock's 'selective breeding' line, though I'm not sure this actually qualifies as 'genetic engineering.') They have mothers and fathers. Smike's were a geophysicist named Miklos Karlovassi and and an Olympic silver medalist named Irina."

Well, the genetic material had to come from somewhere. Presumably, it was better to use actual donated ova and sperm, rather than, say, cloning (which, as we know from TNG, could have the problem of replicative fading). They probably tried to pick smart/athletic donors so that they wouldn't have to do as much tinkering. But there's no way they got those results through purely passive eugenics.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That cap site just has blue pics saying I'm "hotlinking" - which I'm not.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
I just wonder how five Augments and one Soong have managed to move 1800 embryos to the shuttle in two and a half minutes...

Presumably the Klingons and the Denobulans have transporters. But if so, why didn't they just beam the embryos out of hte ault in the first place? It must be shielded.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

No, they don't have shields, remember? Besides, Archer and company beamed in with no problem. Matching the frequency of the stasis fields was only to allow them to remain undetected.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not SHIELD shields, but maybe an interference field or SOMETHING to make transport of at least living tissue a bother. The beaming tech of this era can be destabilized by giving the platform a nasty look, after all.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the last twenty minutes and it was the first time I'd seen the show this season, and all I wanted to do was make sarcastic comments about the convenient human-sized death tubes, but now that's been taken away from me.

(Re: Oglethorpe: "Ow! Why do we even have that there?")

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Klingon disruptor is the same as the one seen in "Broken Bow," and yes, it looks like a powerdrill. If it's built around a specific model, I've yet to see anyone identify it.

Also - and this is the first time - we get to see that the light attachments on MACO rifles actually work.

Klingon beds have sheets?! Who does the laundry?

Is it too much to hope for that for once we see someone get the death they deserve? Like Malik or whatever his name is, dying in slow agony? No, what'll happen is he'll probably get shot or stabbed by Persis when he does one thing too outrageous even for her, like decide to kill Soong. He'll then just keel over with a pouty hurt look on his face, I can see it now. . . Far more interesting would be to have all the Augments wiped out by Archer while Soong watches unable to prevent it. I want Airlock Archer back, not cuddly Beanbag Archer (as my wife calls him).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, wasn't Dr. Lucas stationed on Denobula in the letters he sent to Phlox? Because it seems from this episode that Soong, Phlox and Lucas all know eachother from working at C-12...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, he was - but Phlox says in the ep that his last letter from Lucas said he had a new posting coming up but didn't say where. Phlox had never been to C-12, and didn't know Soong either. I also got the impression that Soong didn't know Lucas.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phlox had worked at C-12. I'm guessing not at the same time as Soong.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I want Airlock Archer back, not cuddly Beanbag Archer (as my wife calls him).

BUT, does Airlock Archer still... fit?? I mean as a character - a person would he still have the same mentality - at the time he was in the Expanse with no answer and trying to save Earth from an unknown species building a weapon... somewhere. He needed answers or LOTS of people were going to die very, very soon.

I think a Captain still needs to be level headed and diplomatic at the best of times, that said - yes at the correct times, 'Airlock Archer' would be nice to see again.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps