Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$Cold to the Tech! ["Cold Station 12" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$Cold to the Tech! ["Cold Station 12" Spoilers]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
I saw the last twenty minutes and it was the first time I'd seen the show this season, and all I wanted to do was make sarcastic comments about the convenient human-sized death tubes, but now that's been taken away from me.

(Re: Oglethorpe: "Ow! Why do we even have that there?")

Ha, Haaa.

That being said, what WOULD they use the tubes for? Maybe an emergency tube incase a pathogen escaped? A treatment chamber for anyone who may have inadvertantly been exposed to a pathogen and needed a dose of the anti-pathogen?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
I just wonder how five Augments and one Soong have managed to move 1800 embryos to the shuttle in two and a half minutes...

Super-human speed, strength, intelligence and... logistical know-how? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a shopping cart
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To clarify:

Soong is shown teaching a group of kids "eleven years ago": around 2143. Those kids had to be at least, say, eight years old. So, Soong hasn't worked at C-12 since the early or mid-2130s.

Phlox worked at C-12 sometime before 2151, since we know where he's been since then. If he had worked with Soong, you'd think he'd have mentioned it.

Lucas mentioned in his most recent letter to Phlox that he was about to be transferred, but he didn't say where. It turns out that it was C-12. I don't recall when the last time was that Phlox mentioned getting a letter from Lucas, but, even if we assume it was before they entered the Expanse, we can guess it was 2152.

So, Soong worked at C-12 until the 2130s. Phlox worked there, probably, in the 2140s. And Lucas has only been working there for a year or so, tops, in the 2150s. They've all worked there, but none of them worked there with any of the others.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, was Lucas played by Wilford Brimley?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. I think about the only thing Brimley "plays" these days is himself in those Liberty Medical commercials.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude....

...nevermind. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucas was played by Richard Riehle. Also played Batai in TNG's The Inner Light.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, horror of horrors, one of those awful Oirish holograms.

Interesting resume, though. He graduates from college in 1970, does nothing apart from a couple of films in the late seventies, then explodes as a character actor from the late eighties onwards. What did he do in that missing decade and a half?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Wow...

is sarcasm suddenly transparent around here?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strangely enough, I typed up my post and posted it before your post beforehand came up.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

11 mins to find that name, huh?

Anyway, moving along, having just viewed this ep in its entirety -- is it just me or is this Klingon Bird of Prey more heavily armed than its 23/24th Century counterparts?

It has photon torpedoes, and wing tip disruptors which was what we have always viewed with the other BoPs -- but we've also seen its belly disruptors and belly cannons. But did I just see in the preview for next weeks episode disruptors up on the "nose"...or thereabouts...of its "head"? I'm not for sure, but that seems to be overdoing it, to me....

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe disruptor cannons become more powerful in the future, so it's less necessary to have lots of weapons points; or perhaps the cloaks that later BoPs have require a whole different type of power-distribution network.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its the same with Enterprise itself, its got weapon ports up the wazoo
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, so far the NX-01 has demonstrated something like eight out of her twelve "gunports", while the NCC-1701-A had eighteen... No great disparity there. (And the BoPs in TNG era probably had more guns than the ones explicitly modeled, too, since we see an aft disruptor fire in "Way of the Warrior")

Then there are the six "real" torpedo tubes and the assorted "unreal" ones on the NX-01, versus just two on the NCC-1701-A (but at least six on the pre-refit NCC-1701).

*Boy* how I hate commenting on something like this when there would be a whole cool episode to analyze... But alas, it's about two years before RTL2 shows it here (and then dubbed in rather dull German).

And *girl* how I hate not knowing how to rename the thread even though I'm supposed to be the mod. [Embarrassed]

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps