Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Favorite Star Trek Ship (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Favorite Star Trek Ship
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HerbShrump:
What makes the Sabre mainstream and not obscure?

Well, we've never really seen the Elkins (possibly it's a blob in the background of one episode), so almost anything is more mainstream.
The Sabre in a couple of DS9 episodes on flyby, First Contact, the ST Encyclopedia, the DS9TM and almost every online size comparison chart.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise class
Enterprise class
Enterprise class
Enterprise class
Enterprise class
Enterprise class
Enterprise class
Enterprise class

[Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...that would be the NX-01? [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, thats the NX class [Big Grin]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Sure- like the TOS Enterprise is the "NCC" class.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the TOS Enterprise was built by the earth starfleet before the Federation was founded. Mmmhmm.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Wait till the next series- it could happen.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saying "Enterprise-class" doesn't make it any more true.

The Excelsior-class is interesting. When I first saw it (which was after I started watching TNG), I thought it looked ridiculous. Tiny saucer section, stupid black tubing-like neck. But it grows on you, especially once you readjust your thinking from "small saucer" to "long nacelles" (something which is true in reverse for the Galaxy-class).

And I also like the refit job done for Generations, too.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hmm....do you prefer the "NX" or "NCC" version Excelsior?

Most people I know (myself included) like the "NX" better.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Galaxy class, especially the way it was shown in Generations, tops my list. Nebula (with triangular pod) is a close second.

And for some reason, the Challenger class is very high on my list. I just like the way the vertical nacelles look.

B.J.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galaxy class: for combining beauty and comfort with huge volume and superior equipment.

Runner-up:
Constitution class: for being much the same in 23rd century terms

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chalk up another vote for the Excelsior-class. As old of a design it is, it still has a sleek, fast, futuristic look to it. Very streamlined.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prometheus Class here... the Sternbach edition.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Most people I know (myself included) like the "NX" better.

I can't say I'm really bothered. I think the crystal doowikies on top looked a bit better on the NCC, but it's such a small difference that I can't see too many people caring. Produce these "most people you know".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never liked the way the show "Enterprise" looked. I mean, the ship looks way more advanced than the Tos enterprise even tho it came out earlier. Why'd they go from flat panel displays to huge clunking moniters? (i know it was cuz they didn't have FPD's in the 60's. but still. and the klingons look like they do in TNG, yet they look like humans in TOS. what the hell? did the Klingons get transumated or something, then changed back and transutated again or what!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps