Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Favorite Star Trek Ship (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Favorite Star Trek Ship
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Most people I know (myself included) like the "NX" better.

I can't say I'm really bothered. I think the crystal doowikies on top looked a bit better on the NCC, but it's such a small difference that I can't see too many people caring. Produce these "most people you know".
Modelers, mostly- we notice all the small diffrences.
The NX version has a correctly scaled bridge (a big silver teardrop shape), for example, while the NCC's bridge is a tiny pea- meaning that Sulu and company are snug in the B-Deck and that Excelsior has starfleet's first recessed bridge design.
There's also a dome towards the rear of the ship that I greatly prefer to the odd box structure there on the STVI version.

Bernd has (as always)a big article on te diffrences and potential scaling issues.

Both NX, NCC and Refit versions are in service in TNG (the Hood, Lakota and all the ships destroyed on DS9 being examples).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, welcome to four and a half years ago.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah....but times and attitudes change, and there have been several new designs since then so...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could I forget the Ambassador Class!?! Like that too.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nebula, Akira, Excelsior (Ent B edition, just for the looks).

This however, needs to go to Starships.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"and the klingons look like they do in TNG, yet they look like humans in TOS. what the hell? did the Klingons get transumated or something, then changed back and transutated again or what!"

Guess you should have watched the fourth season.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
This however, needs to go to Starships.

I so called that one.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4th season of what? Enterprise or The original? I Don't watch either show all that often. I like TNG and DS9 better.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

He means Enterprise.

I also prefer TNG/DS9, but Enterprise was pretty darn good in it's last two seasons.

Better than TNG's last season anyway.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure you mean 1st season.

Apart from Liasons (I guess) TNG7 wasn't bad.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the POV of favorite ships, though, it didn't give us anything new. Unless you for some perverse reason fancy the Pasteur.

Speaking of perversity, I'm rather fond of the Klingon freighter modified from the Groumall model. It's got the screen presence of an 18-wheeler; now imagine a Klingon behind the wheel and the impact factor goes up tenfold...

Timo Saloniemi

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, hello? Dark Page? Force of Nature? Sub Rosa?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"4th season of what? Enterprise or The original?"

The one of those that had a fourth season.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Um, hello? Dark Page? Force of Nature? Sub Rosa?

Exactly.
Add "Descent Pt 2", "Genesis", "Masks", "Iterface", "Phantasms" and "Liaisons" and you get a hit parade of TNG's worst episodes ever.

Though it gave us Parallels, The Pegasus, Preemptive Strike and All Good Things, it was still a pretty disapointing season- as though it had just run out of good ideas.

I still say that anything with Alexander or Luwaxana is the death of any TNG episode they're in.

[ November 19, 2005, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or any episode that featured Wesley Crusher.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps