Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Favorite Star Trek Ship (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Favorite Star Trek Ship
Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me my all time favorite Starship will all ways be the USS Reliant. A very nice and cool design and I will all ways love that cool roll bar. You just can�t get any better than an Avenger/Miranda-class Starship.
Just my two cents

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been a big fan of the Sovereign class Enterprise: sleek, compact, and with warp nacelles that look big enough to propel the ship. To me, unlike the Sovereign, Constitution, or Excelsior class ships, the Galaxy class nacelles just seemed too small compared to the bulk of the ship.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also like the Qud class BOP, it looks viscious. Like it'll tear your heart out and stomp on it

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a pic?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey... I do fancy the Pasteur. It was just too bloody cool to see a brand new ship to quell our tears that night.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dig the Olympic as well- it's better with a few mods though.
(new nacelles, a new lower sensor and two additional shuttlebays- plus better paint scheme- the Pastur's brown and grey is vile)

No one likes the Intrepid best? I am shocked. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually do like the Intrepid, although I would have liked to see bigger nacelles on it. As it was it just seemed a little unbalanced.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like most here, thus the perfect ship for us.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I once saw an animation of the ship with it's nacelles flapping and making a duck call.
Funny as hell.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

That's the only decent pic of the Qud class, it's basicaly a larger bird of prey with slightly different shape wings. It's in the Starfleet Command games, so anyone who's played it know what it is.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Nacelles instead of disruptors on the wingtips?

So...those things on it's "shoulders" are breadbaskets then, or does it have four nacelles, one torp launcher and no disruptors at all?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
Member # 528

no those are disruptors on the winds, they just look like nacelles in the pic for some odd reason, also right under the shoulders are another pair of disruptors for 4 in total, and you cant see the torp launcher from this angle but it's in the same place as usual. and the warp engines are in the usual location too.

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For my favorite, I've got to go with the United Earth Star Fleet Intrepid from "Enterprise". It has so much class, and looks so much more like a Connie predecessor than does the NX, and so much promise.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'd love that design if only the nacelles connected to the primary hull- thay're pretty frail the way they are (as shown in Twilight) and a nightmare to build a physical model from (reminds me to dig up the one I started).
Those downward slanted wings bug me too- that thing definitely is not atmospheric-capable- but it's a nice (if useless) design element.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Jason, if you look at the Eden FX orthos that Rob Bonchune released, you'll see in the rear view that the nacelles are connected to the primary hull. [Smile]

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps