Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Favorite Star Trek Ship (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Favorite Star Trek Ship
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the saucer?
I have (at home) the great rendering you did of the ship, and it's not there.

Speaking of which, when you going to make some more bueatiful schematics for us?

I have lots of unique designs if you need a subject. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. Apparently, he's right. Look carefully at where the nacelles are lying on top of the saucer. There are little connectors.

Warning, though : that's a big image.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's official then- that ship is cool as heck.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, oh why, must all of these detailed spaceship images be cursed with "realistic" lighting?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It looks like it's hull is a teflon frying-pan...that's realistic?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what that has to do with how it is lit; the point is that they always put in a single light source in these and half the ship is thus hidden in complete shadow. These aren't action shots, computer model makers. We want to take in all the details, and a necessary first step is you actually showing them. Why even bother doing plan views otherwise?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I see.

Well, we have Irishman's specs (somehere anyway) and GIslo's website (assuming it's up already) has great line art schematics too...

The thing about the CGI is that it's not like a conventional rendering- wherein line art is "filled in", but more like a painting- more trouble than it's worth for them to give you a 2-D unshaded image (though the wireframe might serve to some extent).

I say we enslave Masao, Reverend, Irishman, Lobo and...er....some hot chicks, and make them do art for our sakes all day.

That's my plan- lets get some guns, duct tape and steal a car and make it happen!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...great plan, Jason! Can I pick the hot chicks?

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and Jason, about new artwork. I am having issues with not having enough posts on Flare to post my artwork directly. And Photobucket limits my file size and I can't afford to pay for the pro version.

I have a lot of artwork, but need far more posts on Flare to be able to post them.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim COULD loan you a few thousand...

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

(Liam's cue to say "Pounds!" Haw! Haw!)

Hmmm....Iraisman, have you tried picturetrail for your oever-run of images?
You get a whole lotta posting space before they want you to pay.....with your immortal soul

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I don't believe I have an immortal soul so: Bargain!
As I've got broadband, I tend to host images on my home web server, however I do need to add a few terabytes to the NAS cluster.

Getting back to the plot, my favorite will always be the Connie refit, although I would like to have seen more of the Cheynne class.

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking a little turn from the favorite ship idea. What's everybody's LEAST feavorite ship in star trek? for whatever reasons, ugly, weak, just plain retarded...

Mine is the Excalibur SCS that one that kinda looks like a Soveriegn mixed with a pregnant whale with a pair of dildo's for warp nacelles. ugly.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sabre class

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
Taking a little turn from the favorite ship idea. What's everybody's LEAST feavorite ship in star trek? for whatever reasons, ugly, weak, just plain retarded...

Mine is the Excalibur SCS that one that kinda looks like a Soveriegn mixed with a pregnant whale with a pair of dildo's for warp nacelles. ugly.

Well, if you're going to bring fan ships into this, I'm sure there is something a hell of a lot worse out there, this for example.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps