Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Favorite Star Trek Ship (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Favorite Star Trek Ship
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the fan stuff at starshipschematics.net is far worse.
Obvious, mis-scaled kitbashes of...everything.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My least favorite once i thought about it was the oberth - the way the secondary hull thing doesn't realy work, and of course the fact that it's got more scaling issues than the defiant.

That aside, it looks realy good as a smaller contempory of the connie (except for the fact it's looks newer than the E-nil with a much lower registry).

Mind you, the Yeager kit bash was one hell of a munter. A ship for radio IMHO.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't know that the Oberth is newer than the E-nil. It looks newer, but so does the NXerprise. Maybe the Oberth had an Andorian designer on the team.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's nothing stopping it from ALSO being a refit. Maybe one of the first to be refitted paving the way for the refitting of the Miranda's and the remaining Connies.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ug. I hate the notion that the Miranda or Oberth would be refits- it's like saying that starfleet ran out of ideas post TOS and just rebuilt all their old ships instead of adding new designs...

Bad enough the Connie Refit is so implausible- what's left of the original ship? A lone bolt in the center of the ship with a dedication plaque under it, probably.

For least-favorite, I'll go with the Raven. It's supposed to be at least 20 years before TNG, but looks like a giant, more advanced Runabout- that can be run wit a crew of two!
Really blah design too.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More advanced?
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Also remember that a J class freighter which in the early 22nd century took an entire clan to run was operated by a single man in TOS. Apparently, rigging a starship for two trainees and a Monkee ain't that much of an engineering feat after all.

My favorite so far: tie between Constellation and Steamrunner. Yeah, I like Industrial Ugly. Which is I've never warmed to the streamlined final version of the Intrepid class. Sternbach's penultimate design should have been kept...

Timo Saloniemi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Hey... I do fancy the Pasteur. It was just too bloody cool to see a brand new ship to quell our tears that night.

I have no idea what language that was in.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call it Faux English.

Least favorite would have to be whichever one of the DS9 kitbashes used part of an f-14 tomcat model in its design. I liked the Excelsior variant whose name escapes me at the moment. And I even like the Yeager Class if I can pretend the part that's a Maquis Raider hull actually looks a little different so as to work with the rest of the ship.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were only three Excelsior based kitbashes. One is the three nacelled double saucer sans secondary hull which no one can tell which side is up and is unnamed. Another is the Centaur, and the last one are the Curry/Raging Queen variants.

The Intrepid/Voyager based bashes were the Elkins and the Yeager.

The last one is a Constitution/E-nil refit bash that was also unnamed.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Curry = Me liking
Centaur = Me liking
Medusa (three nacelled Excelsior thing) = Me not liking
Elkins = Me really not liking
Yeager = Me liking through beer goggles

I can't remember the refried Connie bash.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "refried Connie bash" was just the saucer, neck, short nacelle pylons, and upside down nacelles that were about level to the torpedo launchers.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Defiant-class has always been my favorite.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I call it Faux English.

Least favorite would have to be whichever one of the DS9 kitbashes used part of an f-14 tomcat model in its design.

You're thinking of the bueatiful, bueatiful USS Elkins.

Sooo much nicer than the Yeager (which looks like two ships crashed into each other).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Centaur is a pretty nice ship, really.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps