Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nebula Class Corridors (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Nebula Class Corridors
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you guys might get the info you need on the Nebula Soon , the next ST Mag will have Nebula Class Blueprints and bridge isometric
http://www.stmagazine.com

------------------
"Marge .. Do you have other men in this House ? .. Radioactive men?"
~Homer "The Simpsons"

http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2/

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew: What I meant was that Sydney is a piece of crap from the TOS movie era, and thus an unlikely recipient of new technology - the ship *could* be a Sydney, but a more modern vessel is far more likely.

As for the window next to the door... It would stand to reason that a passenger ship would require a window there, to give the disembarking passengers a view of where they are going. A utilitarian fighting vessel would need no such comforts. OTOH, since a window is so important, it could actually be a viewscreen, if you follow my drift. That is, the designers would take pains to put a "window" in this place even if it was structurally unwise or impossible, by substituting a viewscreen.

Timo SAloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Timo, we see the Sydney class or something akin to it being used again and again in DS9 as a Treansport ship... I'm sure that the class would be upgraded - like the Enterprise-D etc. Every 100,000 light years or so... plus demand for passanger comfort would require the addition of Holodecks - especially on long Voyagers... also - the window wasn't near the space dock - it was just in the corridor outside the holodeck that Jake happened to be fishing in...

------------------
"All the lonely people, where do they all come from" - Eleanor Rigby, The Beatles.

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just assume that this is a minior glitch that the ship designers threw in there just for detail...:-)

I keep wondering how do all you guys keep noticing all these details...don't you watch the show,the action? I get the feeling you're all just keeping an eye on corridors, rooms, doors, uniforms, windows...etc...

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

[This message has been edited by Marko Latin (edited January 20, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it stems from two factors:

A) I'm an artist by trade so I notice things like set design, costume design, room dressing, etc.

B) I watch the tapes alot while I work and I've seen the eps so many times, I can't help noticing stuff like that. And it actually adds to my enjoyment of the whole thing. Making these things 'real' adds to the illusion.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well "Emissary" was my first Trek - it's what got me hooked - oh I had seen a few episodes of TNG, and a few of the movies - I absolutely ADORED The Undiscovered Country when I saw it - although I had no real Idea of Star Trek...

Well I like to bung on a tape every now and then... and the more times you see an episode the more your eyes wanders to other parts of the screen...

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to be able to tape all the eps but i don't have the time neither a ton of video tapes...i only tape the eps with important events and big battles like: DS9:Sacrifice of angles,what you leave behind (THE BEST DS9 EPISODE EVER!!!),tears of the prophets
VOY: The Hunt (maybe...anyway the one with the hirogens and species 8733457-whatever ),Dark Frontier...

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

IP: Logged
Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched First Contact again and noticed that Picard had those Starfleetized Cardassian PADDS in his ready room.

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps they had recently stopped off at DS9 or something, and he got some info, but, since the isolinear rods wouldn't be useful in any SF tech on the E, he took the whole PADDs.

------------------
"Voyager is not true. If it were true, the ship would not look spick-and-span every week, after all these battles it goes through. How many times has the bridge been destroyed? How many shuttlecrafts have vanished, and another one just comes out of the oven? That kind of bullshitting the audience I think takes its toll."
-Ronald D. Moore

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O.K., back to the ship that brought Jake and Bennie to the station in Emissary...:

I watched "Emissary" again on tape last night and noticed two things that prove (at least to me) that the ship that brought them was a Starfleet ship, not a civilian ship.

Evidence the First: When they get to DS9, Sisko is in the holodeck with Jake. The Captain of the ship calls Siskoo to inform him. Sisko uses his COM BADGE to respond. Sisko's com badge is tied into the ships com system. I doubt this would be true if they were on a civilian ship.

Evidence the Second: The holodeck doors clearly have the same style of doorsigns used on other starfleet ships (you know, the rounded rectangles). Unfortunatley, by the time they close, our heroes are too far away to have any hope of reading what they say.

So, that's it case closed !! (Unless you guys wanna argue some more) :-)

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited February 03, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I would be surprised if SF commbadges weren't designed to interact w/ all Federation comm systems. Or at least the more common ones, anyway...

As for the door signage, that doesn't really prove anything, either. However... Is "Emissary" ever supposed to come out on DVD (or even has it already?)? If so, it might be possible to read what the door says...

------------------
Col. Maybourne: "Teal'c... It's good to see you well."
Teal'c: "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."
-Stargate SG-1: "Touchstone"

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The signage aboard the ship that carried the Siskos is similar to the signage aboard the starship Tsiolkovsky. And the window is a window-there is a reflection of the Siskos.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

If it was an oberth class - there wouldn't be any rectanglular windows with an unobstructed view - you would see either a nacelle or the rear of the ship.

I think (of ships we have seen) that the Sydney class is the only ship that fits this criteria - an unobstructed RECTANGULAR window view...

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least we know one thing about the ship. It did not stay long at ds9.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, why does Sisko's transport need to be a Sydney. Though we did see many Sydney's over the course of DS9 being used as transports, we only saw the interior of Sisko's transport. And it left by the time Sisko came aboard and had O'Brien show him around. For all we know, it could have been a new and/or unseen ship class. Maybe a Bradbury?

------------------
"To start, press any key. Where's the 'any' key?
-Homer Jay Simpson

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps