Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Peregrine.....again!!! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Peregrine.....again!!!
bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually this is my first effort because my knowledge of the interior layout is somewhat limited. I don't really have a background in CAD or physics, so I am already at disadvantage to many people on the this forum. My artistic skills are equally limited, but with a lot of effort sometimes I can pull things off. I am still refining the layout, so don't be supprised at the change of some minor details.
I really appreciate all the help and the encouragement from everybody.

Does anybody know where I could find some CGI of the raider, or screen captures for episodes? that they would let me post on the raider page.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they just made two versions like the Kilingon bird of prey one smaller and one larger

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silly ME! I didn't realise if you right clicked you could ZOOM right in! You don't loose any detail either!

Andrew

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! That does work. I like it even more now!

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, once upon a time I remember seeing Chakotay's ship in several different DS9 episodes, but I can't remember which ones, so if someone would be so kind as to state them or point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

Star Trek Ships: Expanded
Peregrine Class Courier

DS9 "The Maquis, Part I"

Modified
DS9 "The Maquis, Part I"
[ 2 ]
DS9 "The Maquis, Part II"

Modified
DS9 "Heart of Stone"

Maquis raider
DS9 "For the Cause"

Maquis raider
Captain Michael Eddington
DS9 "For the Uniform"

Maquis raider
Destroyed by USS Defiant
DS9 "For the Uniform"
[ 6 ]
DS9 "A Time to Stand"
[ 16+ ]
(part of the Federation force to retake Deep Space Nine; outnumbered 2:1)
DS9 "Favor the Bold"
[ 15+ ]
(part of the Federation force to retake Deep Space Nine; at least four destroyed)
DS9 "Sacrifice of Angels"
[ 7+ ]
DS9 "What You Leave Behind"

Destroyed
Peregrine Type (Nemecek)
[ Oval-nosed shape used in TNG/VOY ]
[ 9 ]
TNG "Preemptive Strike"

Ro Laren, pilot
Abandoned; recovered by USS Enterprise
TNG "Preemptive Strike"

------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe Creighton's list requires a bit of adjusting... Perhaps the following abbreviations could be used:

-TM for the type introduced in "The Maquis", later used in the Dominion war as well
-PS for the type introduced in "Preemptive Strike"
-CT for the type introduced in "Caretaker"; modified from PS

Also, [V] would be inserted when we actually see a visual of the ship.

Then the list would read:

[2]TM[V]
DS9 "The Maquis, Part II"

[4+]PS[V]
[4+]TM[V]
TNG "Preemptive Strike"
-one piloted by Ro Laren, abandoned and captured by E-D

[1]?
DS9 "Heart of Stone"
-single-pilot craft called "modified Peregrine-class courier", but not seen

[1]CT[V]
VOY "Caretaker"
-more than 30 crew, destroyed by ramming to Kazon ship

[1]CT or PS [barely glimpsed]
DS9 "For the Cause"

[2]CT[V]
DS9 "For the Uniform"
-one captained by Michael Eddington, one destroyed by the Defiant

[6]TM[V]
DS9 "A Time to Stand"

[16+]TM[V]
DS9 "Favor the Bold"

[15+]TM[V]
DS9 "Sacrifice of Angels"
-called "interceptor"; at least four destroyed

[7+]TM[V]
-part of "tactical attack wings"

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one in 'For the Cause' is a definate 'Chakotay-type'.

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as if the topic wasn't already confusing enough, consider this...

The Yeager class starship's butt looks alot like a scaled up version of Chakotay's ship (because in reality it is exactly that). Perhaps there are actually 3 scales of this equipment, the small fighter size seen in Preemptive, the Chakotay size from Caretaker, and an even larger size designed for use on the Yeager Class.

The whole point of this post is that the use of a third size of this type equipment lends creedance to the fact that there are several versions ships that look like Chakotay's though only one of them may or may not be a Peregrine class...

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

bear
Member # 124

Has anybody considered the fact that in real life there are several falcons that are confuse with being Peregrines. I doubt that it was a strategic plot to mislead fans, but the comparison remains valid.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er... Ah... What comparison, again? People can't tell birds apart now, so they can't tell ships apart in the future?

------------------
Col. Maybourne: "Teal'c... It's good to see you well."
Teal'c: "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."
-Stargate SG-1: "Touchstone"

bear
Member # 124

The comparison of people's difficulty in discerning which of three designs is the actual Peregrine class ship ,and difficulty in identifying whether a falcon is in fact a Peregrine falcon. lol...take it easy TSN, I was just trying to lighten the mood a little. I apologize if it came off a little harsh. I swear we all take this ship design thing way too seriously. If anything I was hoping you would have pointed out that this instance of confusion lends credibility to the concept of only one ship being the Peregrine.
------------------

[This message has been edited by bear (edited February 02, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Exactly - and since that in "Heart of Stone" the Peregrine class courier - as Odo called it housed - 1 life form and one 'statis chamber'... and landed on the planetoid. AND Odo and Kira had no qualms about chasing it... in a runabout - so that knocks out the Yeager sized and Chakotay sized potential peregrines.

so it could either be the attack fighter seen numerous times during the Dominion war i.e. in Operation Return or whatever or the smallest version of the Peregrine - seen in "Pre-emptive" that has a small window instead of several windows in the 'bridge' section - and the DS9 'gang' took on such ships in The Maquis Part II... in runabouts...

Its one of these two...

I'm leaning towards the Ro Laren ship from Pre-emptive.

Andrew

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I have got to watch "Maquis I&II"!!

One of the peregrine-designs has two small knobs on the nose. Since they look kinda like the knobs on the shoulders of the Defiant I have a dream of an upgraded peregrine with a pair of pulse-phasers in the nose. Am I the only one here?

------------------
An arboretum? On the Defiant?
If you were any other man I would kill you where you stand!

(Worf "The Last Straw")

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm coming to think that the fighters we saw in "Maquis pt II" and the DS9 war episodes have nothing to do with Peregrines whatsoever.

These fighters have never been referred to as couriers, and frankly, they do not look as if they could perform that mission (which would involve carrying not only information but also small parcels and people at high speeds). They seem like pure military machines, lacking even the amenities of a runabout.

OTOH, both the smaller ("Preemptive Strike") and larger ("Caretaker", "For the Cause", "For the Uniform") versions of the Maquis ships that have the pressing-iron bow shape could very well be courier vessels, since both have sufficient internal space. We know the Peregrine is a modified courier pilotable by a single person - the smaller ship would fit the bill, and could also carry the stasis chamber since the interior is the roomy "alien shuttle" interior familiar from TNG.

We also know that an "auxiliary courier" was used for an attack in "The Maquis pt I". Chakotay's ship was nearly 40 years old, certainly enough to relegate the design to the "auxiliary" category.

So I'd say that the smaller ship from "Preemptive Strike" is the one and only Peregrine class ship, while the other designs are still pending a canonical name. And all the better that way, since if several different ships were called Peregrines, that would mean less chances to apply cool new names. Things like "Falcon class" or "Eagle class" or "Sparrowhawk class" must be in use somewhere in Starfleet...

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Dodo class... not seen for a while that one

------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps