Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A Constitution-class challenge (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: A Constitution-class challenge
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend: The top half of the secondary hull should have 5 rows of windows, not 4. I'm surprised nobody else noticed. Anyway, otherwise that's some superb work there.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shit, you're right. Wonder why Sinclair got that wrong...

Any other oddities you can spot on his plans?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I can tell, everything else is spot on.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A taste of things to come.
NCC-1700 & NCC-1701

I never did get around to correcting those windows. Dax, can you tell me exactly what is missing and where?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so very, VERY cool, Rev. [Eek!] [Cool]

Can hardly wait to see NCC-1017 and the two pilot variations! [Razz]

I think Charles Casimiro's blueprints are accurate in the window arrangement.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can not wait either. [Eek!] [Big Grin] Reverend, you are one very talented person and know ship design like the back of your hand. I really like how you showed the differences in the ships, nice touch. Keep up the great work. [Wink]

Cheers,

Sarvek

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if the challenge is still open, but after confirming that Reverend's no longer working on his schematics, I thought I'd my hand at this [Razz]

Constitution Evolution.

FYI, 'Bonhomme Richard' refers to the post-'The Cage' version(s) of the studio model. The Enterprise is based on Casimir's schematics, FJ's Constitution is based on the big sideview on sheet 1 of the Blueprints, and the AMT Constellation is based on SoundEffect's photos (and are therefore the least accurate).

(edit: I see some annoying PowerClip errors in the PNG.. will fix that tomorrow)

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the fact that the Constillation is being shown with a slightly different design, it reafferms my theory that it is a refit of an earlier ship (hence the low registry)

Nice work on those Harry

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Constellation *was* different, because they used an AMT model kit to represent her. And that model kit was in fact highly inaccurate.

The idea the Constellation was originally of another class is quite common in fandom.

I have a question for the real fandom-buffs out here. Does the Bonhomme Richard class cover both the WNMHGB and the series ship? If so, was there an upgrade of BHs? Or does fandom acknowledge the mixed usage of stock footage in TOS, and say they are both actually the same (with possibly removable endcaps)?

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh, didn't know that it was a common theory. Learn something new every day.

quote:
Well, the Constellation *was* different, because they used an AMT model kit to represent her. And that model kit was in fact highly inaccurate.
Well I know THAT, but I didn't realise just how inaccurate it was.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Updated to include the "The Cage"-era Constitution class.

This leaves the WNMHGB version, until I know how/if it fits into the fandom timeline. And BTW, if someone can explain to me the Tikopai/Enterprise/Constitution(II) mess, because I'd like to the Phase II model as a one off pre-refit prototype. I was thinking of making it the USS Endeavor.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niiiiice.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And BTW, if someone can explain to me the Tikopai/Enterprise/Constitution(II) mess
Timo's Hitchhiker's Guide has it all under the Constitution refit section. Essentially the Tikopai is a more science oriented version of the Enterprise without the sophistiacted tactical sensor systems. The Enterprise class is a full upgrade of the Constitution class and the Constitution (II) class is a cheaper version of the Enterprise.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Connie II is a cheap twianese knock off.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Another update, this time including the USS Republic in it's original form as a Horizon class ship, loosely based on the established fandom Horizon class.

My take on things is that the TMP refit is Enterprise (sub)class, while the TVH version is Constitution II class. Tikopai be damned. I also won't include the Achernar class or an Endeavor class. Just the USS Endeavor as that Phase II in-between design.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps