Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A Constitution-class challenge (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: A Constitution-class challenge
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry,

There's one possible inaccuracy I can see if you're basing the Constellation on the AMT kits: I beleive the early AMT kits had an oversized deflector dish, Also, there should be no hemispheres on the aft ends of the nacelles.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd make the original class of the constillation a bit more like the Constitution, as it is, little of it would be left by the time it was refit. I might try my hand at my own concept later.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's with the red star on the Republic?
You sayin' it's the People's Republic, you commie!?!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The star represents the United Federation of Planets early during its formation. You will also see the star in the uniform insignia for command division.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boh, it's spelled Constellation. "e" instead of "i"

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I probably knew that
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'red star' is based on Masao's early 23rd century Starfleet liveries.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
The 'red star' is based on Masao's early 23rd century Starfleet liveries.

Yeah, but I'm a commie!

BTW, Harry, I like your take on Republic/Horizon. Is it the same scale as the other ships? If so, it's pretty big. The neck looks nice and sturdy (is that circular in cross-section or is it stretched vertically?). You can probably guess how I feel about those NX-01-style bussard retainers, though! I'd probably back date the deflector mount a bit (particularly the side bars look too much like Constitution). The deflector dish on the rear looks pretty tiny: is it small to leave room for a aft shuttlebay perhaps?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Constitution on the horizon (geddit?)

The Horizon has a drop-bay, and presumably a shuttlebay or other empty space right where the future Constellation shuttlebay would be.

I stole the nacelles from some early TOS ship I designed aeons ago, so I don't know if they really were based on the NX. The crossection of the neck is a rounded rectangle, not a circle.

Yeah, she's pretty big for a pre-TOS ship, but how else is it going to be a believable test-bed for Constitution technology? I even had to scale the sphere down dramatically from the original Horizon schematics to fit the rather larger secondary hull.

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Damn, I've only got 450
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm loving this, but i still don't like Republic being a Connie..

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry, the label under the last picture says "NCC- 1071 ".

B.J.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Harry, that's pretty awesome. Any chance of dorsal/ventral/fore/aft views? (Maybe I will write that article for EAS after all!)

There's a really cool site that details the changes the AMT Connie kit went through over the years. When you look through the article, keep in mind that the Constellation was the old "long box" version.
http://www.culttvman.com/jay_chladek_s_enterprise_kit_h.html

I also have a nice large reference pic, basically a bigger version of the one on the first page of that article, that I'll try to dig up and post for you if you want to "correct" the NCC-1017 a bit.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, here it is. (I have also confirmed that the nacelles taper from 25mm at the front to 23mm at the rear. I'll leave it to you to figure out whether this is an equivalent taper to that on the studio model, but I suspect it is shallower.) Also, here are cleaned-up scans of all the exterior views of FJ's NCC-1700.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Thanks. I'll probably (possibly) do at least 3-views of the variants. I usually don't bother with ventral and aft views, as they are usually the least interesting bits.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps