Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Sahara-class destroyer tender (Page 11)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Sahara-class destroyer tender
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of tha famous "tupos ate bell" line...
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the lastest version (on the bottom) of my early "turboprop" transport. I based it on the Lockheed Connie airliner. The upper two are discarded versions.

-

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The newest version looks much better! I can definitely see the profile of the Connie there. I'm not sure about the small nacelles though, but it might look a little boring without it. Maybe you could add some detailing to the nacelles to make it more obvious that they're different sizes?

That didn't sound quite right, but I hope you know what I mean.

B.J.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still working on the nacelles. The present ones are just swiped from some of my other ships. The small nacelles at the sides are for added maneuverability, since there's otherwise just a single midline nacelle. I'm thinking of having two nacelles underneath (slightly smaller than the single large one), obviating the smaller ones at the sides.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be the only one that likes the very first version best.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should go with the dual main nacelles, Masao. Single-nacelled ships may look decent in certain circumstances, but IMO not for a bulky transport like yours.

Nice design, though! It's definitely shaping up quite well!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I may be the only one that likes the very first version best.

I like the first design, too, but I thought that the elements I liked, particularly the sloping back, was too advanced for my ship lineage. Also, I think it looks a bit too much like a airplane engine. I am recycling some of those elements for another ship.

quote:
Originally posted by Minutiae Man:
I think you should go with the dual main nacelles, Masao. Single-nacelled ships may look decent in certain circumstances, but IMO not for a bulky transport like yours.

One of the reasons for the single main nacelle is to reduce the bulk and size of the ship, allowing it to dock more easily at cargo terminals. I'm still experimenting with nacelles now that the main hull contours are pretty much locked in.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The profile reminds me of the LNER A4 Pacific, one of the most beautiful steamlocs ever.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since my son is into Thomas the Tank Engine so much, I have a hard time picturing any of those British steam locomotives without faces.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

-

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats just creepy
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

YEEK! Okay, that just made the hair on my neck stand up! Don't DO that!
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Here's my most recent ship, which was introduced in the late 2160s. It's almost 2.5 times as long as that pipsqueek Daedalus.
 -

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it!
Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snazzy, that's the Conqueror class nacelle isn't it? Shows a good evolution of your Bison based ships. One nitpick though, you might wanna cut the pinstripe on the engine off before it gets to those fins at the back looks a bit odd as it doesn't follow the 'fin' that it's on.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps