Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Sahara-class destroyer tender (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Sahara-class destroyer tender
Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean when we get a sh*tload of money by ripping people off, not to mention the government? (legal aid in this country is ridiculous - UK BTW) LOL TBH I don't really like lawyers that much but the alternative was a physics degree and quite frankly the prospects for employement and money-grabbing are much better if I 'practice' law LOL.

Anyway this is getting seriously OT.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Harry, what is Diva Droid?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diva Droid International� are the company that built and supplied Kryten along with most androids in Red Dwarf. There's a hilarious ep. where Kryten's 'replacement' arrives and it looks like a slyvester Stallone type with body armour and he can break a brick in half with his 'manhood'. The company logo is visible in the commercial for the replacement in that episode, don't have any caps right now.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a new transport I've been working on. This is an adaptation/rip-off of a ship designed, I think, by Chris Foss which appeared in the old Terran Trade Authority book, Spacecraft 2000-2100. I suspect Foss based the ship's head on the Handley-Page Victor bomber/tanker ( http://www.wcremembered.co.uk/victors.html ). I want to put Bussards on this ship but haven't worked out where yet, though probably in pods faired into the ship's sides. I show it next to my Valley Forge, which is of the same time period. No name yet. Comments, please!  -
 -

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting look. The nose really looks like a nose [Wink]
Paladin181
Member # 833

- posted      Profile for Paladin181     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bulge under the nose should be thinner than the primary hulls in the front view, like in the picture, to set it apart more. And then place the nacelles where those intakes are on the picture and make the struts and the nacelles a similar looking assembly to that.

Name? It reminds me of a small furry animal, how about Chinchilla (sp)

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

I just slapped that front view together to show the bussard idea. The chin will be refined.

I think it looks like a mole or hedgehog. It even has eye spots.

--------------------

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao,

Has anyone ever suggested to you that your pre-TOS ships possess a strong Anime look?

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it me, or does the original look a lot like a bee viewed from the rear? And it may look better if that is, indeed, the rear of the new design...
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
Masao,

Has anyone ever suggested to you that your pre-TOS ships possess a strong Anime look?

No, you might be the first. If there's any resemblance to anime, it's only by unconscious osmosis. I really have never watched anime.

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
old Terran Trade Authority book, Spacecraft 2000-2100
I just discovered that in a second hand book shot; pretty good actually.

quote:
I suspect Foss based the ship's head on the Handley-Page Victor bomber/tanker
My dad flew those during the Falklands...

i like the way the design is shaping up; the aft nacelle looks slightly too 'fat' to me though.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly is a second hand book shot?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
p
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should really learn to proof red.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Marauth
Member # 1320

Yes you shuld learn too proof red

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps