Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Sahara-class destroyer tender (Page 8)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Sahara-class destroyer tender
japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks... always kind of wondered about that.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For my article on transport ships, I'm looking for suggestions for companies from the world of Trek and SF. I have a lot of companies from books by Philip K Dick and Alfred Bester but would like to hear about companies from other authors, Star Trek, and other franchises.

Here's a few of what I've got so far:
Rossum's Universal Robots (from R.U.R)
Tyrell Corp., Prosser and Ankopitch, Tsin Tsin Vinyl (Blade Runner)
Ceres Mining Company, Bo'ness & Uig, Presteign, Dagenham Couriers (The Stars My Destination)
Monarch Resources & Utilities, Inc; D'Courtney Cartel (The Demolished Man)
Terran Construction Corporation (The Fountains of Paradise)
Weylan(d)-Yutani (Alienseses)
U. S. Robots and Mechanical Men, Inc.; Solar Minerals (I, Robot)
Fowler Shrocken Associates, Metropolitan Protection Corp., Starrzelius Verily; Universal Products; Chlorella Corp. (The Space Merchants)
Cyberdyne Systems (Terminators)
Rosen Associates, Wheelright & Carpenter, Penfield Mood Organ, Frauenzimmer Piano Company, androids; Rosen Spinet Piano & Electric Organ Factory, MASA Associates, Yee Company, Electronic Musical Enterprises, Karp und Sohnen Werke, and others (PK Dick books)
OCP (Robocop)

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wayne Enterprises. hehe.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yoyodyne Industries (Buckaroo Banzai)
Zik-Zak Corporation (Max Headroom)
Tyrell Corporation (Blade Runner)
Avodyne Industries (ST:TNG - Starship HATHAWAY dedication plaque)

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh how I wish I could remember the companies in HHGttG..
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't an early TNG episode have some planet owned by a mining company? Starting with a D, and with L, and X?

I'm not doing an Buckaroo Banzai refs! I recently saw that movie again for the first time since its original release. I still didn't like it so much. Also, references to Buckaroo Banzai (and 1980s anime) are the exclusive domain of Okuda and Sternbach.

For Hitchhikers, I bet someone must have compiled an encyclopedia.

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dytallix mining compangy I think
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Chronowerx?
Or UAC?(from DooM)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Oh how I wish I could remember the companies in HHGttG..

Sirius Cybernetics

Which is technically a cannon trek company too, thanks to the art department on DS9, which has very good taste in comedy sci-fi. [Big Grin]

-

I had no idea that the yanks even had Red Dwarf back then.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jacobson's Used Photons? I think I'd rather get them new. And Spacely Sprockets? I take it Sisko wouldn't let Cogswell Cogs on the station.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

I've been trying to track down logos for Spacely Sprockets and Cogswell Cogs, but no luck so far. Also, what was the name of the company Fred Flintstone worked for? His boss was Mr. Slate...

--------------------

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pancho's Happy Bottom Riding Club??? Just me, or does that sound a tad kinky?

Marian

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Pancho's was a famous hangout near Muroc/Edward's AFB where all the test pilots used to hang out. Watch or read "The Right Stuff"! Pancho Barnes was a famous aviatrix.

--------------------

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darn...

Marian

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao, I already have the JMC logo from Red Dwarf on my hard drive if you want it.
I can also get ahold of the Diva Droid logo with the aid of a few DVD caps.
I do have the HHGttG DVD so I can have a look through that too to see if there are any logos in there somewhere.
I might just do one myself especially for 'Tom Servo's Used Robots' although I'll have to call on our own Axeman for a little help, given that he's quite the MST3K fan. [Wink]

It might be ammusing to consider the Futurama logos too, I'm pretty sure the fonts (english & Alien) are availible for download...somewhere.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps