Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Cardassian Dreadnaught - Sternbach concept art (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Cardassian Dreadnaught - Sternbach concept art
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's exactly what I do, Rev, except I'm not registered there like you are. I just don't have the same volume of work that you do to justify registering for one more board.

B.J.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is, here at Flare, we have our own relatively small and isolated community where everything is generally peaceful; any disagreements are usually over minor points (or politics [Razz] ) and our quirks are more often the cause of amusement rather than annoyance to each other, and thus are embraced.

But the BBS is like the big city. Thousands of members, many of them with a far less intellectual attitude towards Trek than most of us. The sheer volume of people ensures that along with the reasonable ones, you'll have unreasonable ones too. Many more forums; people form cliques based on common views and prejudices. And thrown into the mix are trolls, bullies, evangelists, and various other unsavory characters.

It's much more hectic, and at times can be a bit overwhelming, but once you learn how to navigate the sidestreets and alleyways of this city, you'll find that there are sections of town that have their own charms to offer, and not everyone is an idiot. (It just seems that way because we're used to here, where---with few exceptions---no one is really an idiot.)

Masao:
Why are ENT fans "misfits"? [Confused]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never trusted TrekBBSers.. and I never will.. I can never forgive them.. for the death of my boy.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Masao:
Why are ENT fans "misfits"? [Confused]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Sorry, I was trying to be -- charitable. I should have said "tragically misguided." [Smile]

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spacifications:

Length: 78.6 feet
Span: 42.3 feet
Height: 21.7 feet ...

Cardassian "Dreadnought" Concept art (352k)

This concept art was printed by japanese sci-fi magazine "UCHUSEN".

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Masaki!
I had'nt seen that sketch before.

Hmmm....It's allright, but I'd have made it a little less Galor-ish.

Mabye by adding some elements of the Hediki to the ship's fore.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very NICE, Masaki!

Do you have any other beauties like this you're keeping your us?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Very NICE, Masaki!

Do you have any other beauties like this you're keeping your us?

Not like this, but ... .

Voyager Lifeboat (B & W)

Note: Deployable com antenna!

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, its got phasers

How come they never launch the whole lot of them and send a swarm of knats at the enemy? [Big Grin]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's allright, but I'd have made it a little less Galor-ish."

Well, um... They did. It was a box.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a tad more than a "little".
Besides, during that whole episode I was expecting it to say "STERILIZE" in the Nomad voice.

They never did explain how they fuck it got there did they?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subspace or the Caretaker are my guesses
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they said it was pulled in by the Caretaker as they had been. It had caught up to them I assume due to all their little detours - I guess like going to Talax etc.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Hey, its got phasers

How come they never launch the whole lot of them and send a swarm of knats at the enemy? [Big Grin]

Knats? What are those Klingon gnats? [Wink]

Another thing Flare is noteworthy for, its accuracy and resourcefulness - and how we rips those that are not apart! [Big Grin]

Hey! Shouldn't this thread be in 'Starships & Technology'?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the whole idea behind Cardassian ship designs is that they're (the fighting ships anyways) based on the symbol of the Union, which is some creature on Cardassia or some such thing.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps