Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Cardassian Dreadnaught - Sternbach concept art (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Cardassian Dreadnaught - Sternbach concept art
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey, its got phasers
I could have told you that when the DS9 tech manual came out.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Hey, its got phasers

How come they never launch the whole lot of them and send a swarm of knats at the enemy? [Big Grin]

Knats? What are those Klingon gnats? [Wink]

Another thing Flare is noteworthy for, its accuracy and resourcefulness - and how we rips those that are not apart! [Big Grin]

Hear, hear!

[Smile]

(warning! the joke maybe too subtle for some)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Hey, its got phasers

How come they never launch the whole lot of them and send a swarm of knats at the enemy? [Big Grin]

Because, while lifeboats might have phasers, they dont seem to carry shields.
I'd prefer shields myself, if my lifeboat was fleeing from my exploding former-starship.

Besides, we saw how well fighters fared against the Galaxy class in Connundrum.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But anything Starfleet on Voyager is invincible!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
"They should be here, posting at Flare where they would be appreciated!"

quote:
Originally posted by Lee the Vogon Poet, circa 2001, The Year Everything Changed:
Listen, for six months I had you all convinced I was Australian just by putting the occasional "Fair dinkum" or "G'day" in what I was typing. Just because this guy SAYS he's this Mojo character, doesn't mean he is. And NO-ONE 'famous' ever shows up here. We managed one chat with Robert Hewitt Wolfe, and that was 3 years ago. We're too eccentric, too out there, all the other BBs think we're weird. If you want to go hang out with minor Paramount functionaries who will only ever say "oh, we're planning big things, big, big things. Can't tell you about them, though - keep watching!" then go to the bloody TrekBBS or TrekWeb or WebTrek or TreWebek or wherever.

I rest my case.
Gosh, I was so eloquent in those days. . .

quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
And guess what, Mojo turned out to be the real deal. And he's been the only one here. What does that say about Lee? Should we listen to him any further? Well, that's really for the rest of you to decide.

Yes, you were one of the ones fawning over him weren't you? And you totally missed the point. "Guy who does CGI images for a franchised calendar" falls into my definition of "Paramount functionary" (and isn't much higher on the foodchain at any rate). And you said it yourself - he HAS been the only one here.

The fact remains, we ARE to eccentric here for anyone important to get involved. Sad but true. Maybe one of the people who email Okuda or Sternbach on a regular basis could mount a PR campaign to get them interested in posting here.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Mojo in real life at the Minnesoda Sci Fi Convergence. Thats right. I traveled 3000 miles just to see some of his work. (and to visit some friends and stuff.. hehe)

Anyway, yes, he IS THE REAL DEAL.

And his work KICKS ASS.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, God. . .

Listen, I'm not criticising Mojo, OK? So I suggested 3 years ago he might not be real. Well, back then the USS Sentinel incident was fresh in a lot of people's minds. And he does good work if you're into that sort of thing. But what influence does he have over what Trek ships we see on-screen? Very little. Therefore his opinions don't matter to me.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, back then the USS Sentinel incident was fresh in a lot of people's minds."

Whereas now, hardly anyone has any idea what you're talking about.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certanly don't
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone yet pointed out that the starter of this thread misspelled "Dreadnought" in the title?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, both spellings are used. Although, it does seem that "Dreadnought" was the name of the original ship.
Lee
Member # 393

Simply put, Adam Heinbuch aka The Vorlon had designed a ship called the Sentinel-class. Then, in one of the later eps of DS9 (I think one featuring the Jack Pack. . . no, I've just checked and it was "Treachery, Faith and the Great River") a USS Sentinel was mentioned. Then some people here (mentioning no names) faked an email from a member of the writing team, saying the naming was in honour of his design because they liked it so much. Adam was crushed. It was a really nasty thing to do.

After that, Rick Berman himself could have registered here and he'd have gotten a non-warm welcome from me. 8)

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon, Lee, name names!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Lee
Member # 393

Honestly? I know the main culprit, but I've forgotten who else was involved. I'm not like Cartman, who can apparently recall things I said 3 years ago, that even I can't remember saying!

And what good would it do anyway? It's all in the past. Perhaps Dat should think about that before getting on his high horse about something I said back then regarding his idol. . . 8)

--------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Yes they said it was pulled in by the Caretaker as they had been. It had caught up to them I assume due to all their little detours - I guess like going to Talax etc.

If memory serves, Voyager caught up to Dreadnought, not the other way away around. After all, Voyager was the last thing the Caretaker pulled into the Delta Quadrant, so Dreadnought was the one with a head start. Did they ever say how fast Dreadnought was?

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps