Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Screencap requests (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Screencap requests
iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how do you take screen caps? if i know i will be willing to do it from dvd.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there's usually a button on the DVD control panel window or else just use the print screen button.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Who knows, maybe Okuda actually had a display with the Saratoga as NCC-1937 in TVH? That could be where the Copernicus NCC-623 comes from too...
-MM

The Copernicus was there, with the proper NCC-623. When Kirk's gang is going to visit their new vessel, the first interior shot of spacedock shows an Oberth hanging on the left side of the screen. You can't see it the normal version, but thanks to a movie night at my local cinema some months ago, I have seen the ship. Trust me, it is there.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I *know* the Oberth-class ship was there, but it wasn't (in all likelyhood) labeled as Copernicus NCC-623, because when the model appeared on TNG it was still labeled as the Grissom from STIII.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I *know* the Oberth-class ship was there, but it wasn't (in all likelyhood) labeled as Copernicus NCC-623, because when the model appeared on TNG it was still labeled as the Grissom from STIII.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

But I'm quite sure the ship had the 623-regisrty (what was Grissom's? 639?). You were able to see it from below, so the registry on the underside of the saucer was visible. And I think it said 623.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grissom was NCC-638. Are you sure you "really" saw 623, cause that would be wierd...

Why the hell would they relable it BACK to Grissom again?

-MMoM [Confused]

[ July 02, 2002, 20:55: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to (frighteningly [Wink] ) agree with Mim on this one. The main purpose of relabeling a model is because the script has a reference to a specific ship's name. In this instance, there was no reference whatsoever to a "U.S.S. Copernicus" in ST:IV. Furthermore, the various models in Spacedock were just "filler" ships; the only vessels of consequence being the Excelsior & the Enterprise-A. So there was no reason for the labelers to go out of their way to relabel a ship that most likely wouldn't be seen clearly anyway.

I'm guessing Okuda just made the ship's name & registry number up for the 'pedia.

[ July 02, 2002, 21:24: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Or alternatively, as I suggested, he may have done an Okudagram with the ship listed. (Seeing how neither the script nor anything else refers to a U.S.S. Copernicus, this might be likely, since he doesn't usually just make ships up. Sure, he might make the registries or classes up, but usually at least the ship *name* comes from the film/ep.) Also, like I said, this could be where the NCC-1937 for the Saratoga comes from...

Alex, are you sure you couldn't just have mistaken 638 for 623?

Any chance of getting a better screencap than this one?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly are those shuttles flying over in that pic?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Ummm...one is a travel pod and the other is an orbital shuttle. Pretty standard faire around Spacedock.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

No, I asked what those two shuttles were flying over. It looks like the top of another starship.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

That's not the entire screen. You were able to see the registry, and there's a good chance it was 623 because this was one of the scenes I was waiting for to see if they really did it. I can understand that they don't rename the ships in the far background, but this one was even clearer than the Saratoga, and they renamed her, too. We're not talking about TV, on the big screen you can see far more details.

And the thing they are flying over is a Constitution-nacelle. As I said, there are things missing here (or they are not yet in the area of sight). The nacelle is a strange thing, because in the next scene there's another nacelle visible, obviously attached to another Constitution (you can see the pylon). You could assume it's the same ship, but this time, they are not flying over it but past it. So definitely not the same vessel.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Oh. Sorry Dukkie.

Yep, as Alex said, it's a connie nacelle. Actually, that's the ship my money's on for the Intrepid. (No stupid Mirandas!!!!!)

I mean, honestly, doesn't it make more sense that they'd replace a Connie with another Connie, rather than a Miranda?

Well anyways, despite Spikey, the ship's class is unknown. [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.

Alex: hmmmm.... [Confused]

-MM

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Captain's command throne spins slowly around to face the board*
You will bring the screencaps HERE!!..... to ME!!.. then the DAY OF DECISION will begin!!!

*slams armrest with metal fist*

[ July 03, 2002, 09:11: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

quote:
Alex: hmmmm.... [Confused]

-MM

Whatever it is, it is not my fault. [Wink]

-

Better now. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps