Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what else I can say right now, except for this. When I first saw "Maelstrom," I commented to several coworkers (also fans of the show), that I would be extraordinarily pissed if they brought back Starbuck as a Cylon. I said that I'd much rather she stay dead than have her turn out to be a Cylon.

Well, I never figured that they'd end up making ALL FIVE of the Final Fracking Five Cylons turn out to be major players in the fleet! That takes the whole concept from a throwaway excuse into a major series plot development. Plus, having her claiming to know the way to Earth now? Hooo, boy...

Forgive me, Mr. Moore, I never should've doubted you guys. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can sat is What the Fuck?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Plus, having her claiming to know the way to Earth now?"

Well, clearly, someone made it to Earth, and learned about the music of Bob Dylan.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I'm still not convinced they're the Final Five. They might be, but things just don't seem to be that simple.

There's a lot of other strange things going on, too. Just before the fleet went "ACK!", Roslin went "ACK!", without much of an explanation. Also, Roslin seems to be sharing the Opera House dream with Athena and Caprica, and none of them know why.

Interesting that the Admiral changed his vote, but I think it was for different reasons than he mentioned. He doesn't get to push the button now, but he gets to watch Baltar squirm while constantly looking behind his back, like a rat being hunted. He didn't bet on the Cult of Baltar, though.

As for the ending, I kept myself spoiler-free, so I totally didn't see that coming. When Apollo saw the unknown contact, I was half-expecting to see a Ship of Lights. When that huge circular exhaust first flashed on the screen, I said "No!" in astonishment. I'm not sure about the ship overall, but in the closeup, Starbuck's canopy was polished to a shine.

So, I'm left with more questions than answers now. And at least nine months until the next episode! Unless they backtrack some, there won't be any interstitial webisodes, because they pretty much have to pick up immediately where they left off this time.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though what was that huge object in the nebula? At least I thought I saw something in the nebula(besides Starbuck)?

[ March 26, 2007, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Mars Needs Women ]

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to look again. I didn't see anything else.

Oh, one more point about them not being Cylons (despite them thinking they *might* be): Tigh. He's been around too long (with verifiable evidence) to be one of the current batch of skin-jobs, since they were developed sometime after the first Cylon War. Like I said, if they are Cylons, the answer is a lot more complex than just that.

(One of my theories: The 13th tribe (Earth) are the original humans, and the 12 colonies were the original Cylons, that all left Kobol after their war. Remember, "this has all happened before". But honestly, I hope this theory is wrong.)

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

BTW, Cylons invaded my frakin' dreams last night. That's how much this has been running through my head since yesterday. I've never even had dreams about Star Trek before! It was rather wierd. And for some reason included a black-haired slightly chubby Three.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I saw something in the nebula too. Something like a huge space station-type object? I dunno.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy. Fuck.

Is it time for season 4 yet?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
I thought I saw something in the nebula too. Something like a huge space station-type object? I dunno.

Yeah it was black and spheroid.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I never got the idea that Kara was a Final Five. And I've changed my tune(heh) from what I thought last week about the rest of them. I don't think any of them, including Kara are Cylons. My bet is that the music was another beacon left to guide the Colonials to Earth.

Kara's apparent resurrection is harder to explain, but I'm guessing the inhabitants of Earth are behind that too. If their first beacon was designed to wipe out the Cylons and it failed, maybe they took Kara as another method of safely guiding the Colonials to Earth.

I didn't see anything else in the nebula, but when the camera zoomed right out at the end you saw planets. Planets are often black and spheroid, so... I was kind of expecting an Earth ship for a moment there. [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Borg Sphere!

Now, is there a spoiler-laden synopsis somewhere for those who haven't yet downloaded the episode, but can't wait for a who-is-a-what revelation?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Well, if all you want is the Four (the fifth has yet to be revealed), they are Tigh, Tyrol, Tori (Prez's assistant), and Anders. That's Samuel T. Anders. [Big Grin]

BTW, I'm still not convinced they are actually Cylons.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still not quite digested all of the revelations yet. If anything it all raises more questions.

Tigh himself remarked he'd been in 2 wars, had been a friend to Adama since the 1st (not sure about that last part, I know they served together AFTER the war on a cargo ship...)

Anders was a celebrity sportsman who happened to survive the attack (though you could label that as providence rather than coincidence.)

Tyrol is a tough one, for starters he conceived a child, something Cylons aren't supposed to be capable of...though there is Hera and it's on odd coincidence that Boomer was attracted to him.

Billy mk2 (I forget her name) is mostly an unknown quantity since we only know her as someone who appeared to fill Billy's shoes.

Starbuck, well, duh. After Maelstrom it's not wholly unexpected.

The only pattern I can see is that all these characters are in a supporting role, and I don't mean they're not stars. None of them are willing leaders, they're followers, soldiers, each in their own way. Even though they were all senior members of the resistance, at no point did they consider themselves "in charge". Anders was in it for his people, Tyrol worked for Tigh, Wots-er-name worked for Laura & Tigh worked for Adama.
None of them want power, do everything they can to avoid it, most of them are rogues, rebels & misfits and even after they seam to remember, they don't seam to have any greater agenda and REALLY want to be who they are.

I wonder if the reason the others cannot know the final five is because they remained loyal to humanity when the other turned on their former masters?

Ok, ramble over, for now.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T is for Toaster.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps