Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!)
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
a spoiler-laden synopsis

No kind of synopsis can convey the insanity of those last few scenes.

Not quite sure what happens. With all the crazy things going on, I refuse to believe Tigh etc. are 'simply' the Final Five. Either they are 'incarnations' of the Final Five caused by Caprica-Six's weird dreams/projections, or they are something much older than the other skinjobs (perhaps even older than the pre-Armistice chromedomes!?). Even then.. Kara Thrace is even more mysterious. I have a strange feeling she might be a 'Baltarian' projection existing in Apollo's head. It would explain the odd looking face-to-face conversation they had.

Hmm.. not sure what (if anything) Apollo saw in the nebula. It may have been just the reflection of the inside of the canopee, but it seemed like a CGI scene, so it was probably 'something'. And he was sort of looking at it, only to be interrupted by Starbuck.

And is Bob Dylan a Cylon now? This was more than just background music. The characters were actually saying the lyrics and humming to a (covered) Bob Dylan tune! I guess this may have actually been music from the BSG Earth.

Oh.. and no-one has yet mentioned that we actually get to see Earth in the last shot? They zoom way out from Apollo and Starbuck to above the galactic plane, and then zoom back into Earth, with a clearly identifiable North America.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't get that song out of my head now! It's been going over and over in my head since last night (the Hendix version, of course).

And talk about prophetic, check out this video, uploaded in November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7da3iwxMUjU
Freaky!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My God were all cylons!

Edit: I liked the version in yesterdays episode, more funky!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Krenim:
T is for Toaster.

And what about Thrace, Tigh, Tyrol and Tory?

As for the music, I think they've had something like this in mind since season 1. If I recall correctly the Kobol Cliffhanger was meant to end with Baltar wandering through the (projected/dream) Opera house on Kobol with Hendrix playing in the background, only to meet Dirk Benedick and have him say, "Hi, I'm God."

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could still see that very well happening, what with that ending and this new cult that seems to worship Baltar.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or is the chicky that spoke to Baltar and put the hood on him the same journalist he nookied in the bathroom on Cloud Nine in "Colonial Day"?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just you. See here and here. I'm actually surprised you remembered the one in Colonial Day, since it was back in the first season.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... I was right. I'm gonna buy a lotto ticket...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Assuming for a moment that everything RDM is telling us now is true, then the Four *are* Cylons (although "fundamentally different"), and Starbuck is *not*. (I wish I could find a source for the second comment, since I only heard that one second-hand.) So, that leaves one that hasn't been revealed, but apparently we know them. So who's the One? (Quiet, Zathras!)

First, I'm going to assume the One is a woman, simply because the 5 people that were in the cloaks were 3 men and 2 women. It's not a lot to go on, but it narrows the field significantly. Also, the One wasn't on Galactica (or was interfered with somehow) to meet the others. So these are the candidates I came up with, from least likely to most likely:

4 - Racetrack - This is assuming she was in the trailing Raptor again when the fleet jumped and had their power outage. Athough she has done a lot for the fleet (and deserves a frakin' medal IMO), keeping this one from us wouldn't have much impact.

3 - Laura Roslin - I'm not ruling her out because of her reaction just before the fleet went *ACK*. The cancer and/or chamalla may have been interfering with her reception of the song. But her as a Cylon would be a bit much.

2 - Admiral Caine - Possible, and would be an interesting choice, but I don't think her personality fits too well with the others.

1 - Ellen Tigh - Definitely the #1 choice for me. Could also explain why she and Saul never had any kids. I don't think it would diminish the impact of what Saul did on New Caprica at the time, and could certainly change his motivation in the future.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Ellen Tigh

Hmm.. wasn't the song originally linked to Ellen and Saul's time on New Caprica?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another possibility is Harvey. All the hallucinations people see are actually manifestations of the final remaining Cylon in some way. Or how about the Hybrid?

You know, for a while now I've been wondering if the opening titles are still applicable. "The Cylons were created by man. They rebelled. They evolved. There are many copies. And they have a plan." For a while now it's been kinda obvious that the Cylons we know are playing it by ear. But the titles may be talking about the others...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hybrid! She gets my vote as the final five. Which would definately explain the "I'm so sorry" from Three when she saw her.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

But then that would assume that Three knows what the hybrid will look like as an adult.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...except the hybrid was an adult. Oh I see, you're thinking of Hera.

I think it's perfectly obvious that the 5th Cylon is Jimmi Hendrix.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Don't you mean Bob Dylan?
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps