Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!) (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a cookbook!

(Incidentally, one mad thought floated into my brain when on the verge of sleep last night - what if they had brought Starbuck back, but as a man instead?)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting thought.
The real question though, is which would piss Dirk Benedict off more?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he was pissed off already at Starbuck being female. Like he says:

One thing is certain. In the new un-imagined, re-imagined world of Battlestar Galactica everything is female driven. The male characters, from Adama on down, are confused, weak, and wracked with indecision while the female characters are decisive, bold, angry as hell, puffing cigars (gasp) and not about to take it any more.

And if you don't enjoy the show [...], it's not the fault of those re-imaginative technocrats that brought them to you. It is your fault. You and your individual instincts, tastes, judgement. Your refusal to let go of the memory of the show that once was. You just don't know what is good for you. But stay tuned. After another 13 episodes (and millions of dollar of marketing), you will see the light. You, your instincts, your judgement, are wrong. McDonald's is the best hamburger on the planet, Coca-Cola the best drink. Stardoe is the best Viper Pilot in the Galaxy. And Battlestar Galactica, contrary to what your memory tells you, never existed before the Re-imagination of 2003.

I disagree. But perhaps, you had to be there.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When this whole thing was getting started, he met with Katee Sackhoff.

At a Starbucks.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess he was faking it at the meeting. Either that or he perhaps saw the direction the show was going and started hating it again.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the substance of that meeting was:

"So who do you play in the show?"
"A Viper pilot called Starbuck."
"...What?"

Followed by the diatribe above.

So I had dropped Galactica after missing it a couple times in its new slot (and having to catch the repeats), and getting disgusted by the soap opera that was passing as episode-writing. I finally caught the last three eps f the season, and I'll definitely be there when the new season premieres. Too bad they couldn't keep the quality level this high throughout the season (*cough*).

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps