Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Ron Moore has made a liar out of me... ("Cro$$road$, Part II" $poiler$, duh!)
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I know what hybrid your talking about, the one attached to the baseship. My mistake! That would be a good choice conciderning how strange they act.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Don't you mean Bob Dylan?

I could have sworn it was Hendrix's cover of Watchtower. Maybe Bob Dylan is Lucifer, or Cassiopia or something. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The song was originally by Dylan, but Hendrix covered it. The version used on Galactica was clloser to Hendrix's cover, 'cause of the wicked guitar riffs.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bear McCreary discusses in detail the creation of his version of the song in his blog:
http://www.bearmccreary.com/html/blog/blogmain.htm

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.. this may be the first time I'm interested in buying a soundtrack CD from a television series.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bond, James Bond over at SCN made this connection:

-

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

It could just be a coincidence.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen that. The way it moves during the zoom-out proves to me it's a part of the Hubble picture they used for the nebula.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, they just look like normal diffraction spikes to me...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. It's a photo element.
Besides, if this show was to use the ship of lights (and that may already be doing just that), I doubt they'd use an actual ship. Weird visions and maifestations that are not who they appear to be would suffice.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Initially I think I was upset by the inclusion of the Dylan song. I'm less sure now. There needs to be a justification for it. If they're receiving signals from Earth that might be one good one. Kara's magical re-appearance was surreal, but not at all unexpected. I evidently missed the giant space-ball. Very cool that we see Earth in that last shot, but if anyone busts out the hoverbikes I'm outta here.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Moore has said that the song is supposed to be of Colonial origin and not from Earth.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you referring to his comment that the music represents the opening of the door in their minds(to the possibility of being Cylons), rather than any actual signals from Earth? Or has he said explicitly that it's a Colonial song.

I was hoping it was some sort of beacon from Earth that was designed to interact with the remaining skinjobs. Perhaps so they'd be aware of what they were, and could prevent themselves from doing anything untoward if their programming kicked in.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

From BSG Wiki:
Bear McCreary discusses the use of the Bob Dylan song:

I learned that the idea was not that Bob Dylan necessarily exists in the characters' universe, but that an artist on one of the colonies may have recorded a song with the exact same melody and lyrics. Perhaps this unknown performer and Dylan pulled inspiration from a common, ethereal source.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefered the message from Earth idea. [Frown]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps