Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroes 1.23 "How to Stop an Exploding Man" SPOILERS (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Heroes 1.23 "How to Stop an Exploding Man" SPOILERS
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is true - though it's something he may not know how to do at the time of the boom.

It's "only" four months to the next season! I believe they'll lead off with the "Origins" mini-series first, though.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...but the idea behind shooting him wasn't to kill him permanently, it was only to put him out of action long enough for the power to subside, just as it did back when Claude punched him in the face and knocked him out."

I don't think so. When he first gave Claire the gun and told her what to do, he specifically talked about needing to be shot in the head. "You know the spot," (or something similar) he said to her. If he just needed to be knocked out, shooting him the brain was a pretty extreme way of doing it.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's quite clear that Peter is about as clueless about his own powers as we are. Just the anxiety of possibly becoming a nuclear bomb may have been enough to actually make it happen.

I hope both Petrellis survive. Nathan certainly has the superhero looks, and he can fly. Which is what superheroes do!

Yet another 'previous generation' hero has been revealed: Charles whatsisname. He seemed to be able to talk to someone's conscience through time/after death or he planted a part of himself in Peter's head.. something that looks to be pretty enigmatic and powerful at any rate. And again it looks like all these 'old' heroes knew eachother, and were possibly all part of the Linderman team (before they split up and Linderman became (?) Ozymandias II).

The Kensei at the end.. that was George 'the Dragon' Takei, right? So he is immortal! And quite likely the first hero. His symbol (what did that mean again?) has been used as a tattoo to mark people with powers, right?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"...but the idea behind shooting him wasn't to kill him permanently, it was only to put him out of action long enough for the power to subside, just as it did back when Claude punched him in the face and knocked him out."

I don't think so. When he first gave Claire the gun and told her what to do, he specifically talked about needing to be shot in the head. "You know the spot," (or something similar) he said to her. If he just needed to be knocked out, shooting him the brain was a pretty extreme way of doing it.

Yes, it was very extreme, but it was the one thing that would definitely stop him going nuclear, and the fact that he'd come back to life afterwards meant it didn't really matter that he'd die. It was easier to tell Claire(the only person who should be able to get close to him) to shoot him in the head, than to expect her to be able to knock him out. No offense to her, but she's a 16 year old schoolgirl, uppercuts probably aren't her fort�.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Kensei at the end.. that was George 'the Dragon' Takei, right? So he is immortal! And quite likely the first hero. His symbol (what did that mean again?) has been used as a tattoo to mark people with powers, right?
That, or he's also a time traveller.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His symbol, the tattoo, if you watch Pappa Suresh's genome program scrolling As and Ts and Cs and Gs right-to-left, you catch that symbol in the pattern of the base pairs a lot.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
That, or he's also a time traveller.
"Also" might be tough to sell, since everyone seems to have unique powers. Except for Peter and Sylar, but they use different ways of absorbing them (Borg assimilation versus Fed learning, if you will).

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The symbol (Godsend) has been more than a tatoo. Nikki has it tatooed on her shoulder (which Candice didn't when she was imitating her... a nice touch). Claire has it drawn on one of her school books. The Haitian had a necklace that looked like it. It's in the Genome program, as was mentioned. I'm pretty sure it's other places too, but I forget. Everyone with powers seems to intuit it somehow.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Nikki has it tatooed on her shoulder (which Candice didn't when she was imitating her... a nice touch).

Actually, Jessica has it but Niki doesn't.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I thought they both had it since it's technically the same body, just a different personality in control. I remember Jessica covering it up with make-up before she went on a hit the one time, though I was never really sure why she did it.

Oh, And I suppose it's possible that Hiro's Dad also has tempral abilities since he's in the same family as Hiro. Though none of the other powers seem to be passed down through family lineage. His dad did say that he'd been waiting for "another" Nakamura to ascend, which to me said that he himself had done so.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heyyyy Old Man Deveaux's powers. I got it. He can make people dream. Peter dreamed about Nathan when he was around him, and when Deveaux died, Peter dreamed about him saying goodbye. And now when he fainted, he dreamed again.

Oh and what Sylar did with the bullets, stopping them and then shooting them back at Parkman - I have daydreamed about that since the first Matrix movie. I was 'tickled pink' as the phrase goes. Loved it.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh, And I suppose it's possible that Hiro's Dad also has tempral abilities since he's in the same family as Hiro. Though none of the other powers seem to be passed down through family lineage. His dad did say that he'd been waiting for "another" Nakamura to ascend, which to me said that he himself had done so.
True, none of the 2nd & 3rd generation Heroes seam to inherit their parents abilities. However I suppose it's statistically possible, even if it is random.
Either that or Nakamura/Kensai link is more profoundly tied to the powers than we realise.
I mean, I know it's an ensemble show, but Hiro is the star right? The whole plot of the first season rotates around him, he seams to be in every episode, has met most if not all of the others (before the finale) and I doubt his name is a coincidence.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sure are we that he's Hiro's father? And not, say, Hiro himself, ala "The Man Who Folded Himself"?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Mmmm... I doubt it's Hiro himself. He said he "never thought it would be (Hiro)" that ascended. If it's far-future Hiro, he would've known. I do believe he's Kensai, though, one way or another.

I was thinking about who the star of the show is the other day too. The story seems to revolve around Hiro and Peter mostly. Though I would also say Claire is a major player. The story started out with her and Hiro and Peter and her relationship with Bennett has been a big focus.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I just finished watching it - and I haven't read any posts yet.

Just wanted to say WOW! FANTASTIC! This is the best show that has been on TV in YEARS!

I also wanted to say - I always thought that that could have been Hiro in the paintings of Kensai! Why there? Why then?

What was the blood in Isaac's loft? Isaac's blood?

How did Sylar survive? What did he see in his eyes before he 'died'. His eyes went white like when Claire and Peter 'died'.

Did Peter die? I would assume that Nathan did. What is the mother's power - she said it was her 'big mouth' in an earlier episode - does she have the power to influence people?

I told ya Charles Devreaux had a 'power'.

Where is Claude - and what is it about that balcony/patio?

And of course who is the next big bad?

What characters are left now or rather who was introduced and then died over the course of the season?

Loved the "end of chapter one" part. Brilliant.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps