Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroes 1.23 "How to Stop an Exploding Man" SPOILERS (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Heroes 1.23 "How to Stop an Exploding Man" SPOILERS
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sylar's eyes went white like they do when he's seeing/painting the future. Right at the end, he saw himself laying there on the street. His future happened just as he saw it. It would be interesting to freeze frame all the other flashes in his eyes right before that though... I might just have to do that.

I don't think Sylar survived. Though they made of point of his blood draining into the manhole and then focusing on it and the cockroach crawling out... so who knows... maybe he did survive in some fashion.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody on HeroesWiki did: he's seeing all his victims.

And I've heard they want Sylar back in the next season, so I'm betting he's still alive. He's died before, remember? In the cell.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... I totally missed something here (blame the bad quality of my VCR tape I guess). At the end, right before the cockroach crawls out, the camera pans along the blood smear running towards the manhole. I thought the initial pool of blood was his body and I didn't catch that that manhole cover was slid open when it switched to the low angle shot for "End of Volume One". But I rewatched it at lunch to do the freeze frame thing and see now that his body's not there and that the manhole cover is indeed open. That totally changes my opinion. He's definitely alive.

However, I have another little problem with the last scene. This is taking place in uptown or midtown Manhattan, seemingly. Now, I don't care how late it is, *someone* would've walked or driven by during all this. And how is it that police aren't there arresting everyone? Two people got shot (though DL and Nikki probably skedaddled), there's a giant pool of blood on the ground, and there was just a nuclear explosion in the night sky.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiro's father probably isn't Kensei for the same reason that he isn't Hiro himself. Now that Hiro is in the past, on the battlefield right there with Kensei, we can guess he will meet Kensei and tell him about himself. So, if Kensei were Hiro's father, he would know, in the future, that Hiro would have powers.

Of course, we'll have to wait until next year to see how things play out between Hiro and Kensei.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: Deveaux's powers, I had the same thought when I saw it - Deveaux has the same dream projection ability as Sanjog Iyer. Although apparently it works in a slightly different way in that he can project through time as well.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta point out something that's bugging me - It's spelled kensei, not kensai, and its not a name but a title. So "the kensei" not "Kensei." [Smile]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sanjog Iyer

Was that the little Indian boy who 'spoke' to Mohindar?

I think Devreaux's powers are going to be quite special - I don't know if we can work it out yet from what we've seen.

Noah Bennet... fitting - I am seeing him as a person who is 'collecting'/'saving' "specials" two by two! [Smile] Look at him in the future - doing the same sort of thing.

Anyone else think that Papa Suresh is not really dead??

Where is Claude??

Was he there when Devreaux was talking to Peter Patrelli?

DL and Nikkisica were 'paired' by Linderman - I wonder how many others were - Parkman and his Wife??

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
However, I have another little problem with the last scene. This is taking place in uptown or midtown Manhattan, seemingly. Now, I don't care how late it is, *someone* would've walked or driven by during all this. And how is it that police aren't there arresting everyone? Two people got shot (though DL and Nikki probably skedaddled), there's a giant pool of blood on the ground, and there was just a nuclear explosion in the night sky.
I've never been to New York so I'll take you're word on that (though if I do, you won't find me wandering about in the middle of the night in a hurry) but if it's anything like London, then I'd agree. However, you sort of answered your own question.
Observe.
quote:
And how is it that police aren't there arresting everyone? Two people got shot (though DL and Nikki probably skedaddled), there's a giant pool of blood on the ground, and THERE WAS JUST A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION IN THE NIGHT SKY.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well.. there's at least one secretive group within the FBI that knows there are 'special people' (apparently lead by that woman that I don't remember the name of). And although Linderman is now dead (well, quite probably he is), his Group (the 'Ma Petrelli Group' now?) is probably still pretty influential all the way around.

But if all police officers have the suicidal "he's the bad guy, so I must shoot him, alone!" tendency that Parkman had.. it's perhaps better they weren't there.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I gotta point out something that's bugging me - It's spelled kensei, not kensai, and its not a name but a title. So "the kensei" not "Kensei." [Smile]

Not necessarily; the word is a not-too-grammatical riff off of "sensei", for teacher (generally used for martial arts). In Japanese, we call teachers "[name]-sensei", using the word as an honorific suffix, or simply "sensei", as a noun/name. No "the" necesscary - reserve that for Doctors and Masters. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

We were in New York last year (my first time) and were walking around town around 10 - 11 pm on our way to the Staton Island Ferry. It was dark and there were still plenty of people out and about. Enough that, if I had turned to my friend and started clubbing him with a parking meter while a super hot model came running over to try and take me out and then my other friends hands started glowing... there would have been a small crowd with camera phones before it was over.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or...being New York....they would have totally ignored you.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:

Not necessarily; the word is a not-too-grammatical riff off of "sensei", for teacher (generally used for martial arts). In Japanese, we call teachers "[name]-sensei", using the word as an honorific suffix, or simply "sensei", as a noun/name. No "the" necesscary - reserve that for Doctors and Masters. [Wink]
Mark

I thought kensei was a master of kenshido?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...anyway... back to MY questions... [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to your questions, I don't think Chandra's alive. Sanjog showed Mohinder a vision of Sylar killing Chandra and another of Chandra and Mo's mum(I forget her name..) talking about Shanti. The Shanti vision was accurate, so it stands to reason that the Chandra murder vision was also.

The person I think is still alive is Papa Petrelli.

And I immediately thought Kensei(or THE Kensei, whichever) was going to be Kaito Nakamura, but it doesn't look anything like him. He just happens to be an aging asian man wearing a helmet that disguises his face a bit.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps