Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sci-Fi Computer Games: (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Sci-Fi Computer Games:
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
EdipisReks: You destroyed lots? Every time one appeared? With no help? And without using cheats and playing the game on hard?

i don't cheat in games (it defeats the purpose). i didn't destroy them EVERY TIME, but i probably destroyed 10 or 15, just when i felt like it. towards the end of my tie fighter days i could destory a star destroyer by myself. whith no help. and without using cheats and playing the game on hard. it took an hour, but i could do it. not to toot my own horn, but i was a GOD at tie fighter. i beat it with the highest rank possible, and i beat it like 10 times. i used to play it for hours and hours and hours. man, those were the days. i wore out 2 "logitech wingman extreme" joysticks playing tie fighter and privateer.

half-life=r0x0rs, red faction=sux0rs (comparatively).

--jacob

[ April 13, 2002, 21:44: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

IP: Logged
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
On B5:ITF :

Yep, totally dead. Would have been amazing....but its been dead so long that by now, even if it was revived, it probably wouldn't be all that playable. A real pity. On the bright side, you can get five or six songs from its soundtrack [Smile]

The community's still alive. And as long as it is, there is always hope.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice and optimistic, although I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sol: I get the feeling that Randall might have been impressed enough with the Vadar/Luke stuff in Jedi (which is really the only good part, especialyl for Randall who isn't going to go crazy over the rather nice space battle) to rate it above Empire. And he's probably just going against the crowd.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo! An old thread! [Big Grin] HEHE!

Erm, anyone know how to add extra ships to Star Trek: Bridge Commander? I'd like to fly a Miranda or Excelsior or maybe a Defiant or Negh'Var . . . can anyone help?

(Please keep it simple - I'm not that technical - I still haven't been able add an E-wing to X-wing Alliance [Frown] - I just can't figure it out!)

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wing Commander. Damnit they need to make a part 5.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did. Five years ago. It's called Prophecy.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

and it sucks.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See my recurring tirade on uber-races from other dimensions.

I'd settle for Privateer 3...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i'd settle for a GOOD Privateer 3. hopefully the upcoming Freelancer will do the trick.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good ol' "Tachyon: The Fringe", now that's agility. Being able to selectively switch off inertial dampers, gliding forward regardless of aim.
And when I pulled a Jackpot on the slotmachine in New Vegas I could buy any damn ship in the store. Those were the days...

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freespace 2. The Sequel to the original Freespace. Freespace itself was a kickass game. Freespace 2 is a triple kickass game. The graphics are so smooth, and so is the storyline. It took me months of looking and $50 to buy a used copy in the states via Ebay. Yes, it's that good. Too bad Interplay discontinued the game.

They just released the sourcecode for Freespace 2. Already, some people are tweaking it to create a new mission pack called Blackwater Operations. This should be interesting.

And, oh yes, I still have Starcraft and Starcraft Brood War. Still looking for some unfortunate winos in the forums to crush like a puny tin can.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

the Babylon 5 Total Conversion for Freespace 2 is pretty good.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freespace 2 is perhaps the best space combat simulator ever programmed... with the exception of TIE Fighter, of course.

I tried Starcraft but couldn't really get into it. The game didn't draw me in quite as much as Total Annihilation did, despite it having Blizzard's trademark personality and polish.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be up for a game of StarCraft sometime. I am awful, and have never won. But, to contrast with this, I am also bored often. So win win!
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see some people want to play starcraft! I am not very good at it, but perhaps I can do some damage before I go...

Though if anybody wants to play Age of Empires II, I will destroy you.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps