Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A Northwestern US Flare-ite Conjunction (Page 14)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: A Northwestern US Flare-ite Conjunction
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked through that book in Borders last night, and I couldn't find the reference. Timo's listed as a technical consultant, but I couldn't find a foreword or afterword reference to him being from Iceland.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I didn't say it was in the book. But I think it was that guy who said it. In an interview, or something.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An issue of the Star Trek Communicator talking about the people involved in helping make the book. I'll dig round and see if I can find an issue and page number...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha! Not so eidetic as we were lead to believe!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but we'll probably forget this oversight ourselves so....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's #140 or #141 -- one of the ones I don't have.

And I have to point out here that eidetic memory is a quantitative phenomenon, all the way from true "photographic" memory, where a glance is sufficient to recall something in crystal clarity for all time, down to well below wht I have. All it is is some degree of malfunctioning "blocking mechanism" -- where the brain doesn't properly send out the RNA strands that block off unused or old data. For me, it depends on what "sticks", and I still don't know why one thing does while another does not. I remember the article from the Communicator, and I remember it was at the top of the second column, but I don't remember the issue number. Similarly, I can remember my sixth-grade locker combination, but not my twelfth.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just jealous. My memory is bunk. Who are you? What are these people doing here? What's going on? Why am I pushing all these buttons?
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone call the men in the white suites, pronto...
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps