Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » A Northwestern US Flare-ite Conjunction (Page 7)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   
Author Topic: A Northwestern US Flare-ite Conjunction
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Texas way better: he with the biggest truck or biggest gun rack has the right-of-way.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tora Regina:
I kind of like roundabouts, actually. They are an elegant way to redirect roads that run into each other in strange and fascinating ways.

You weren't the one driving though, were you?

They are interesting artifacts in the context of a science experiment, but when you 5 minutes late for work and stuck behind someone too frightened to pull out onto them, they are evil incarnate.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a learner driver. I hate roundabouts. With a vengance.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll never forgive them, for the death of your boy?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Soviet Russia, roundabout hates YOU!!
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, thanks be to you, Yakov.

There's actually a roundabout in the museum district here. I guess it's the best idea they could come up with for a three-street intersection.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm aware of at least one three-street intersection in St. Louis. It's just a regular intersection, pretty much.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do hope this isn't going to turn into a detailed discussion of intersections of the world...
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe our little get-together could include the highpoints of Seattle's traffic systems. Or maybe we could all press sea-salt into each others eyes and nostrils.

This may go without saying, but the 24th/25th are off-limits for me on account of family. Would Saturday the 27th work for people? Or how about Friday the 26th? Is it right to assume that people are working during the week? Because, I mean, Simon is the only one who's really given us a specific day that won't work, namely the 21st.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm totally available. No current solid plans.
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I do hope this isn't going to turn into a detailed discussion of intersections of the world...
Don't get me started on 4-way stops.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, kids.... bad news..... unless some miracle happens and ALL of the snow on the pass melts by the time this shin-dig happens, I won't be making it. I WAS going to be flying to Seattle in that general time frame so I could see some friends for the holidays, but due to random situations outside of my control, they will both be coming so see ME now, so flying isn't going to happen. Moral of the story: You'll only see me if I can drive there and back in the same day. Which will only happen if all of the snow melts. So, here's to praying for a heat wave! [Razz]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
So, here's to praying for a heat wave!

Or, like, you use about 2,317 cans of aerosol hairspray in the next week and build a coal-burning power plant in your backyard. It's a two-pronge attack to get your heatwave. Success!

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoever will we ogle now?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ogle Charles' beard. You know you want it.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps