Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Member Map (Page 1)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Member Map
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cause really, who hasn't played around with Google Maps. There's this nifty page that uses Google Maps software to allow groups to add pins to the map showing where they are. US residents get to put in their ZIP code whereas those of us in the rest of the world have to hope our city is in the list. I made a map for Flare here. Lets see where everyone is from!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost thought I couldn't add myself. Well, yes, I could.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the map, Omega lives in a wildlife park. I point and laugh at the good Tennessean.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you think Google Maps are cool, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Check out Google Earth, possibly the coolest thing I have yet come across on the Internet. It is truly a great age of information when I can download a (damned near) complete photographic representation of MY ENTIRE PLANET down to the city block FOR FREE.

(You have to use Windows XP, though.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over at Subspace Comms Network one of the members set up a similar map. Better though because you can pick exactly where you are located.

http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guestmap.jsp?id=Forestin&locale=en

Which ironically seems to be down at the moment...

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given that neither Waterloo, Ontario or Mississauga, Ontario appear to exist..I had to settle for Toronto, Ontario. But I protest at the sudden destruction of my university and hometown.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to 37�d14'27"N & 115d49'37"W and see if you can see the rabbit.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so do you have to 'subscribe' to this thing or just add your name and place. When I click the "not in US" link - it does nothing.

Andrew

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK never mind. Got it to work! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay. I live in the barren unchartered wastes of Europe.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, when I zoom in on my marker, it's about as far from me as it's possible to get within my specified locale. Bonus.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you modify yourself once you're on?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno, but I was disappointed to learn that if you zoom in on LOA in the satellite view, she's not sprawled out like in her snapshot...

My pin is, like, 400yds from me.

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't complain. Mine is around 15 km away... but still within the city.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is not even where I am!
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps