Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Member Map (Page 4)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Member Map
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So where is Darius the curry man and Dax - at least two OTHER Australians that post to this board?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Nim, assuming that pin is in your exact location, could you tell us a little about your neighborhood? It looks neat, and easily defensible in the case of zombie attack.

Like, say, what's that statue or obelisk a little to the north, up the road a bit, if statue or obelisk it be?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Except for people outside the US. There's not much Earth beyond the States, it seems.

Anyway.. are there really that few continental Europeans on here!?

What do you mean? There's plenty of high-resolution photography of other regions on there. Why just the other day I was checking out The Netherlands and I could see the Oosterscheldekering and there were even detailed photos of The Hague among other areas. Certainly better pictures than most cities in NB.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Google Earth I can put the point of the arrow right on the spot I am currently sitting!

Brisbane is highly... imaged. Funly enough the centre of Sydney is not. The region near the Opera House/Harbour Bridge/Circular Quay is very low quality.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andew, mate, you're way too motivated to be an aussie.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to be sharing a large wooden horse with an equally wooden but reasonably well-proportioned Lady Godiva in the small park across from the local concert hall.

In real life, I rather prefer the elk a few meters farther south. But that's enough of that.

Seems Frapper! uses the same photos for Finland that GoogleEarth does. Only about six months out of date, which is highly impressive. For some reason, their material on US military bases is far poorer than GE's, though. Have you checked out for example GE's Pearl Harbor, or Norfolk?

Timo Saloniemi

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again.... Go to 37�d14'27"N & 115d49'37"W

You'll find some F-16's, a few Lear3's, Bhawks if I remember right. All at a facility that "Does NOT exist"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a list of world-wide ECHELON sites out there as well. A whole collection of NSA listening stations that are 'not really there' either. The NSA is probably reading this as well. Hi there!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol System: Well Simon, I will answer that question in three parts.

1: Here is a detailed pic of the area around the arrow, funny enough the arrow is put right in the middle of Old Town (Gamla Stan), the first part of Stockholm that was founded, in circa 1250.

Note to Lee and others from there: No, our parliament doesn't come with its own sauce. Somehow we manage anyway.

The statue you pointed out is of Gustav the third. Not a terribly interesting king but he was shot in the royal theatre in a plot orchestrated partly by his elder brother who then assumed the throne.
After he (Karl XIII) died, his adopted son Jean Baptiste Bernadotte (former star general to Napoleon) stepped in and here's where things started getting interesting again, after 100 years of losing ground to the russians and danes, and then Zzzzwip! Here I am!

2: This image shows more of Stockholm and also where I live in comparison to the arrow, a few points to note here:

Checkpoint A: This is where our prime minister Palme was waxed in 1989. Pissed a lot of good people off. Endless conspiracy theories sprung up since Olof Palme did a LOT of crazy (good-crazy) stough during his time in office, like breaking Sweden's neutrality and condemning the US bombing of Hanoi during christmas in '72.

Checkpoint B: This is where our foreign minister Anna Lindh was retired two years ago. The murderer (Mijailo Mijailovitch) is interesting as he is a product of the lacking youth care in Sweden, well all of the west actually. Coming from a troubled home and being shipped between juvenile centers for ten years, he was given like 20 different pills and liquids to stave off psychosis and depression, on which he was hopped up that fateful day. He had no motive for the murder, he just went off the deep end.
Oh when will society learn? *takes off fire helmet and pats Paul Newman's shoulder*

[ October 20, 2005, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
There's a list of world-wide ECHELON sites out there as well. A whole collection of NSA listening stations that are 'not really there' either. The NSA is probably reading this as well. Hi there!

I can neither confirm or deny that. There's nothing to see. The NSA is not spying on you. Move along this post is unimportant.

Although NSA does monitor communications. CTTs in the Navy are trained not just to monitor foreign communications, but own forces as well. CTTs are the Navy branch of the NSA and Naval Intelligence has always had the motto, "In God We Trust, All Others We Monitor".

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"These aren't the droids you're looking for"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim: Neat.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

You live on an island! (So do I... Australia!) [Big Grin]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
Again.... Go to 37�d14'27"N & 115d49'37"W

You'll find some F-16's, a few Lear3's, Bhawks if I remember right. All at a facility that "Does NOT exist"

Is that Area 51 you are pointing to?

I love looking on Google Earth around that area - it's well imaged - even better when people provide overlays.

It's weird those large triangles in the desert around Area 51. And the huge run-way.

Pity the Nazca lines aren't better imaged.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Masao hasn't put his down. He'd make 1 pin point for Asia!

--------------------

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps