Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol Well, perhaps they were thinking of the Golden Rule of Internet Forums and Groups: Never insult someone who's been here longer than you have...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Lee would have never gotten any attention then. ;8

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand what you mean by that.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand what he means by the emoticon at the end...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarcasm Lee, nothing more than a jest.

Dan, you shouldn't.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

For some reason, it reminded me of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They always seemed to be grimacing that way.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

I don't think that is where he got it from, but I may be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time, and I doubt the last, if so this time.

This reminds me, does anyone have the wireframe gifs(?) from the old BG site? Or was that UP1? Ahh, anyway.

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting too old for this.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have those very wrong blue schematics of the First Contact ships with the Akira/Norway twins and the super ugly Steamrunner?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I did - it's now probably in a landfill somewhere - I think that was 3 computers ago! [Smile]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
I'm getting too old for this.

..and you're just two weeks away from retirement, too!
Time to pair you with a newbie hothead that will get you into all sorts of danger and hijinks.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason, consider this: Some of us have been involved in this community for almost Ten Years. TEN YEARS!!!!! Maybe more. I'm not sure when I exactly joined this community, but I'm betting on Spring or Summer 1997. So, a highlight of what has been going on in that span of time:

Summer 1997: First year remarks at the University of Toronto come in. To say the least, they were quite dissappointing.
November 1997: Started dating first girlfriend. That relationship would last 5 1/2 years.
Summer 1998: Second year remarks also come in. Quite dissappointing too. Decided to start finding work while going to school Part Time.
1999-2000: Contract jobs during that period include a School Textbook company, an Insurance company, a government entity, and a utilities company. Continue to go to University Part-Time.
Fall 2000: After a nasty fight with my parents, I end up moving out while they are on vacation in Las Vegas. End up getting a job at a small communications company.
2001: Decide to drop out of University to go to a private college. Sure, Tuition was a bitch, but after a year-long diploma, I find I learned more than several years at university.
Spring 2002: Land a job at a Vacations company. Initial impressions are that this is a start of a career and an opportunity to settle down with 1st girlfriend.
Fall 2002: Fired from job at Vacations company. Later find out my firing was to facilitate possibly the worst case of nepotism anyone has ever seen. 1st Girlfriend not happy at all.
2003: End up living in a room at a run down, crime ridden townhouse complex. Reduced to working minimum wage at Staples. Girlfriend of 5 1/2 years calls it quits in our relationship.
Fall 2003: Later find a job as a Computer Technician.
2004: Went back to university part-time to finish off my degree.
Fall 2004: After an uneventful year at Tech job, get laid off, hired by another computer store.
2005: Hired by Software company. Yippee!!! First well paying job, well, ever!
Fall 2005: Would move to my very own apartment, never again will I share a kitchen and bathroom with anyone! Start dating 2nd girlfriend.
2006: Events include multiple raises at job and a promotion. Yeehaw!!! 2nd Girlfriend moves into apartment.
2007: More raises. I have been with this company for almost 3 years now and am enjoying it. Also dumped my now ex-girlfriend of almost 2 years, but am not regretting it.

And that's how I spent my last 10 years of my life.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Ouch about your first girlfriend.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

1997 is when my first wife and I separated. I was devastated at the time, but it was truly a blessing with hindsight being 20/20 and all.

I remember one night about 18 months before we split, she burst in to the room while I was slowly* surfing the net thinking she'd catch me looking at po rn.... To bad the site I was lurking about on was the BG site.

*I thought that old 386 with the dial up connection was blazing fast at the time.....

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I feel like such a kid now :-/ In 1997 I thought the ninja turtles were rad, dude....
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps