Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Who are the Old Ones of Flare? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Who are the Old Ones of Flare?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see. 1997 I was finishing up seventh grade. I homeschooled from then to graduation, so really the first six years I was here are a blur, one day being pretty much like the next. Spent 2002-2006 in college getting degrees in CS and computer engineering, partly just because they said I couldn't possibly do both in four years. Got over my eternal crush on my childhood little redheaded girl by realizing she really wasn't that pleasant and that other girls did exist. Pursued and went out with a few over the next few years, only to discover all were either already into someone else, potentially insane, or both. Finally found a spectacularly beautiful girl in my junior year while finally taking freshman engineering. A year later I finally convinced her she liked me, during my last semester. I graduated, went to grad school for electrical engineering and hated it with a fiery depressing passion. Got engaged, left my GRA spot to make more money, got a real job as an embedded systems engineer, and now I'm waiting for my fiancee to graduate so we can get married.

Bit of a jump from a 13 year old.

It's been a fun, hellish ride. I thank God I didn't get everything I wanted. I'd be miserable if I had.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
...other girls did exist. ... potentially insane...

Most are.

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
...finally convinced her she liked me...

See, another one.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
n/m
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:

I remember one night about 18 months before we split, she burst in to the room while I was slowly* surfing the net thinking she'd catch me looking at po rn.... To bad the site I was lurking about on was the BG site.

BG = Behaviour Group or Battlestar Galactica?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Behaviour Group

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, good, someone who can actually tell me - what the hell does a computer engineer do? Nobody seems to know.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get fat off the land.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Engineers computers.

In 1997, I had hair:

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Ah, good, someone who can actually tell me - what the hell does a computer engineer do? Nobody seems to know.

They get back to you as soon as they can...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

SEE: Dilbert

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A computer engineer is an electrical engineer who eschews the power and em fields side of electricity to focus more on computer hardware. We're more likely to design chips, lay out boards for processors, program embedded systems, that kind of thing.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... well it's good to see you again Omega.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm still waiting on a cute name or door prize or something... anything, under name. do we have collect 2000 members before the 1000 gets a tag...

or a door prize?

maybe a named Door prize...?

anyyyyyywhhhhho, in Dec, 1997, i was stationed at NAS Jacksonville (FL), getting ready to leave for another school and a year tour in Bahrain. I met someone wonderful, who effected me many, many years later... but 'spanish bootie' does that for me, go figure.

and i still roar with giggles on my Whipcream & Saranwrap story during that holiday season...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: I thought that was an electronics engineer...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

You would think that the Navy could spring for naming their NASs.

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  15  16  17   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps