Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager Motion Picture (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Voyager Motion Picture
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post 
If and when they begin the VOY movie series what shall it be about? I think Species 8472 would make great villians. How come they never got an official name?

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think they can make a "Voyager" movie for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who knows how the series ended.

As for Species 8472... After they had been called that for a couple years, any change to a different name would have confused the average idiot watching the show. And, since the show was basically written for the average idiot, they had to keep the same name.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NO! NO! NO! NO!

The horror ... !!!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, they're friendly and philosophically superior to us and gives us roses when they want to impress us. No wait, that was just the one guy that couldn't separate himself from the human role he was playing. AAARRGH!!!

They gave 8472 too much power from the beginning, it was so obvious they had to either become allies or erase the milky way in a jiffy. Hmmm, probability check?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how the series ends... but you could - I gather say the same about the end of Deep Space Nine... it doesn't really leave itself open for movies. The thing is - they don't have to have a movie continuing on from where the series left off. DS9, would be fantastic if they had a movie that dealt with even during season 4, 5, 6 or 7... Possibly even season 3.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
What are Humans classified as? Species 47?
As for the Voyager movie, they'll pobably skip it, and DS9 too, and make an Enterprise movie. Hopefully they won't, but that's the way the Berman world turns.

--------------------
Meh

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

I thyink they will probably make a film most likely VOY. If not what will Paramount do until Enterprise is over. They might have a movie at the end of every 2 seasons or something like that.

--------------------

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the Vulcans are Species 3259...& I think that humans are Species 10032, but don't quote me on that.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I will not quote that, and I know you are not sure, but it's just that we only were classified after 10,031 other species seems a little off. How many can there be in the galaxy? Millions? Billions? Trillions?

--------------------
Meh

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Humans have a number between 5000 and 6000. It's in Dark Frontier.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Makes more sense to me.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A seven year run on Enterprise would go 2001-2008. The next Trek film is due 2002, right?

So we could have one more TNG film in 2005, and in 2008, we'd get an Enterprise film. That's still only 3 years between films, which has happened before.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Leo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
There's an actual Species List available on startrek.com in the new Borg Culture section, check it out...

As to Voyager Movies, good and bad news for all of you depending on if you liked it or not. Patrick Stewart in a recent convention suggested, if not confirmed, that we'll be seeing the Voyager cast in movies within the near future... head on to section31.com if you'd like to read the report there.

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't imagine Robert Beltran agreeing to do a Voyager movie.

IMNSHO, DS9 not only left itself open for a movie much moreso than Voyager, but would would make a much better movie than Voyager.

As far as going back and doing a movie set in an earlier season...uh...no. Unless you've written an opeing for such a feat within the series, you'd have to go back and try to "fit" the movie into what has already happened. I don't even want to take that chance...

I can't even think of a wide enough period of time that was left unaccounted for...but there probably is one...

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Robert Beltran will have do something. I don't think he wants to appear at conventions and openings the rest of his life. On the matter of DS9 films the few eps I've seen I agree they should go first. I hope VOY is a flop and they will have to do DS9 films.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps