Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager Motion Picture (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Voyager Motion Picture
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think they will probably make a film most likely VOY...I hope VOY is a flop and they will have to do DS9 films.

Uh, Phlox... You do realize you just contradicted yourself?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean? Are you saying I want it to be Voyager. I'm saying movie studios are one of Earths' Ferengi all they want is profit, profit, profiiit. There is more profit in Seven of Nine. That's unless Leeta becomes part of the main characters. I have my fingers crossed.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So..You're hoping they're going to make a movie that's going to suck...so they will be forced to make a movie that's good...

Or, they could just make a good movie in the first place.

If (and this is a huge ass IF) they make a movie with either the DS9 or VOY crews, I'd hope they do it well. Both series COULD have a good movie made from them. I think DS9 has more quality loose ends to work with.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

No, no, no. I'm saying if they do film featuring the cast from the later Treks after TNG excluding ENT will probably be VOY. As someone said in a post before the average idiot watches VOY and who fills those seats up more than the average idiot. DS9 on the other hand is a more sophisticated series and well written series. Just because a film is good doesn't mean it will make money.

Anyway I hope it's a flop(doesn't make alot of money) or they stop at an early number. In an interview at Section 31 Patrick Stewart says there may be VOY films in the near future. DS9 is a much better show and in my opinion would make an even greater film.

--------------------

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
I can see it now...Dukat is brought back by the Pah-Wraiths, and Sisko must play his part as a Prophet and defeat him. Their final struggle is in the engine room of the Defiant, the computer is counting down for a warp core breach, and Sisko is struggling to reach the panel to stop the breach... All this as the ship is burning and plummeting toward Bajor...
Just a thought.
So, what is the Borg classification for Humans?

--------------------
Meh

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Damn StarTrek.Com! It won't load! Does anyone know the Human classification?

--------------------
Meh

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From startrek.com:

quote:
SPECIES 5618

The Human race, of the Alpha Quadrant. Considered by the Borg to possess below-average cranial capacity, minimal redundant systems and limited regenerative abilities. But several attempts to assimilate this species have failed.

--------------------
"Most Trek chicks are fat ugly dogs who could burn the plating off a starship with their looks."
--The Ultimate Trekker, TrekBBS, December 26, 2001

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, no, no. I'm saying if they do film featuring the cast from the later Treks after TNG excluding ENT will probably be VOY. As someone said in a post before the average idiot watches VOY and who fills those seats up more than the average idiot. DS9 on the other hand is a more sophisticated series and well written series. Just because a film is good doesn't mean it will make money.

Nope, no idea. Read this paragraph through about 5 times, still no clue about what it means.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"How many can there be in the galaxy? Millions? Billions? Trillions?"

I don't think you realize just how much a trillion is. A million millions, a couple of trillions could sum up the total amount of money present on this planet. Then there's quadrillion and quintillion, 12 resp. 15 zeros. Here's a little aid I found... ;-)

http://www.kokogiak.com/megapenny/twelve.asp

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, good Doctor, you may be right about a Voyager movie. But I'll stick with my hope that, no matter what movie they make in the future, the movie make will be a good, successful movie. If they make a couple Star Trek movies that utterly bomb...do you really think that we're going to get any more of them?

Doubtful.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And. . . why make a motion picture anyway? It's not like they ever seemed to move anywhere much. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I think the good Doctor was saying that any non-TNG films will feature VOY grew members. Saying "Excluding ENT" doesn't make sense, because it is before TNG, but this is not a forum for discussion on how we write things.
Of course, we've probably discussed every issue known to man here.

--------------------
Meh

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

I mean any Trek series made after TNG Mr. Veers.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oops.

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Wes1701E ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've said it before ...

And I'll say it again.

A Voyager motion picture would suck.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps