Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager Motion Picture (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Voyager Motion Picture
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Voyager. I really do. However, I think the prospect of Paramount making a Voyager movie are slim to none. I think the series ended in such a way that it could be possible to build from "Endgame" and make a wonderful given the writer director and writers.

But one must realize that no Voyager is going to be made. Out of the four series, Voyager had the lowest average ratings of all. Part of this is the desertion of fans due to varying reasons and the other part is that UPN was not carried in as many locations as could be achieved through syndication. Thus, a smallest audience to begin with. It'd be a financial gamble on Paramount's part to produce a Voyager movie for these reasons: there isn't all that sound a fan base that would see a Voyager movie and generate the money needed to justify it. In the end, it all comes down to profits.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you saying DS9 will be the first post-TNG show to enter the realm of motion picture? I think most of the Voyager series was not well written. They had a couple of good eps, Year of Hell, Lifeline, Caretaker, Endgame, Workforce, The Void and others.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
"Caretaker," "Message in a Bottle," "Scorpion," and a handful of others...

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There will be TNG movies. There may be Enterprise movies, someday, in the next decade.

I sincerely doubt there will ever be a DS9 movie.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
writer director and writers.

Getting a bit repetative, aren't we, Siggy?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I think it's because people think DS9 was too talky. It really wasn't, they just saw one episode and assumed the rest was boring. It's the best Star Trek series. I think that's the reason they don't wan't to make a movie.
Tell them to watch "Sacrifice of Angels," "Tears of the Prophets," "Emissary," "Our Man Bashir," and so on...

--------------------
Meh

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

How can you watch them if you don't have them and your city doesn't carry it??

--------------------

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I'm saying, "Tell the producers to watch them."

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, the reason they won't make a movie is because not enough people watched the show, the storylines that make DS9 unique are too complex to be squeezed into two hours, and the cast is huge.

I'd love to be proved wrong.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

They were able to fit them into an hour, I think they'll be able to fit the stories into 2 hrs. And to say for the cast didn't Traffic have a huge cast.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Dr Phlox ]

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Veers
You first
Member # 661

All those grammar and writing classes really paid off, huh Doc? Write like that on scripts and you'll make millions...

--------------------
Meh

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Get off my back! I made some errors alright! The only reason your mad at me is because I talked about Roger frigin' Ebert! Maybe I don't like critics that's my opinion and if you don't like it that's your problem. Or are you just trying to fit in? I don't care, but you don't have to get all emotional on me, Veers.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Sorry, Dr. Phlox, but we all get bashed on the forums. It's a fact of life. You want to see bashing, there's nearly two pages of Veers-bashing on the Technology secion, in the "Symbiosis" mystery object section. What fun!

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Veers: you left out the best episode of DS9 ever! How could you ... ?

Duet

Dr. Phlox: I strongly suggest you develop a thicker skin.

Thank you.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone hug.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps